Best place to dive: St. Thomas, St. Marteen, Nassau?

PFTexCruiser

My family and I are going on the Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribean cruise in September. We have dived many times in the Western Caribbean, but have never been to the Eastern Caribbean. We would like to dive during 2 out of the 3 port visits. We are looking for advice on which places are the best to dive out of the 3 ( Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, Phlipsburg, St. Marteen, Nassau), and which dive companies you used. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

St. Thomas, I was with my wife and we grabbed a taxi on our own. We went to Sapphire Beach. There was a resort over there that we could use the beach. There we rented a couple of chairs to lay by the water. Wife got her required sun time. Amazing water to snorkel in. Lots of rocky area right out in the water with lots of fish and saw a few large sea turtles. We were able to use the resort facilities. Big thing we liked was there was no crowd.

• 3 weeks later...

Coki Dive in St. Thomas is a regular cruise stop for me. You can choose a beach or boat dive (2 tank morning, 1 tank afternoon) and the dive shop is tucked between Coral World and a nice sandy beach if you have some non-divers on the cruise with you.

The boat only holds six divers so you might want to reserve in advance. Owner Peter Jackson has been great at accommodating less-then predictable ship arrival times.

• 3 weeks later...
Coki Dive in St. Thomas is a regular cruise stop for me. You can choose a beach or boat dive (2 tank morning, 1 tank afternoon) and the dive shop is tucked between Coral World and a nice sandy beach if you have some non-divers on the cruise with you.

The boat only holds six divers so you might want to reserve in advance. Owner Peter Jackson has been great at accommodating less-then predictable ship arrival times.

I second. Coki Beach is a great dive spot. We elected for the beach dive and it was awesome!