Simpson Bay or Another Beach and Transportation To and From

krdougan

Hi! I will be going to St. Maarten in mid June and was originally planning on a return visit to Orient Beach. However, after reading about the remaining damage from the hurricane and the transportation difficulties due to road construction, I am now thinking of going to another beach for the day. I will be in a group of 8 people. I have read horror stories from recent visitors about the road construction causes travel to some beaches taking 90 minutes or more.

I am hoping someone can helping me. I was thinking about going to Simpson Bay, maybe to Karakter. However, I was hoping for some advice from someone who has visited the island very recently. We would like a beach that isn't too crowded, but has a nice area with chairs, bathroom facilities, and food/drink providers at reasonable prices. I also don't want to get stuck in traffic for too long going to or from the beach.

Please help me with beach suggestions and information about transportation to and from the beach.

Thanks in advance!

We recently spent the day at Karakter and enjoyed it. Not pushy at all about the drinks. Food was pretty reasonable.

Mr Payroll, how bad was the taxi ride to andfrom Karakters? And do you remember what it cost?

I keep reading horror stories about two hour commutes each way but it seems like a great beach for a family day. Thanks!