Salerno port

lovelyjubbly

Can anyone tell me the name of the cruise port at Salerno used by P&O. We are docking there in July onboard the Arcadia and would like to use the ferries to travel to Amalfi and are a bit confused as to which one to book tickets from.

Many thanks.

All the large ships dock at Molo Manfredo which is a large industrial port a couple of miles outside town. There are some ferries from there but most will go from the dock at Piazza Concordia which is in town. If the timings of the few ferries from Molo Manfredo do not suit it's very easy to get one from town.

Since the port is industrial you will need to get a shuttle bus from there into town. I have only travelled with RC and the shuttle dropped us at Piazza Santa Lucia, I can't say where P&O will drop you but I believe the shuttles are provided by the port rather than the cruise ship so will probably be in the same place. From there it's a 15 minute walk along the waterfront (Lungomare) to the ferry, keeping the sea on your right hand side. You can't miss it as the ferry goes from a pier which juts right out into the sea

There is no need to book these ferry tickets in advance, you can easily purchase them when you arrive. That allows you maximum flexibility in case you don't arrive on time, or can't disembark as quickly as you want, or if it rains and you don't want to make the trip.

Travelmar is just one company which operates ferries between Amalfi and the Concordia port in Salerno - and they have 10 ferries per day, operating on a more or less hourly basis - take a look at their website to get an idea of times. https://www.travelmar.it/en

There are other operators too. I agree that you don't need to pre-book tickets but if you are concerned about getting back at a particular time just book a return ticket on the dock for the time you want.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of options yet from Salerno, it's pretty much Travelmar, plus one departure a day by Alicost and one by NLG.

For cruisers the Alicost and NLG departures are easier because they leave from Molo Manfredi, the same area as the cruise port.

Alicost schedule (to Minori, Amalfi, Positano): http://www.alicost.it/en/orari-e-prezzi/

NLG schedule (to Capri only): http://www.navlib.it/eng/linee/DettaglioLinea.asp?idli=14