Star Clipper Bali to Singapore

Solent Richard

Having recently completed this repositioning cruise aboard Star Clipper I'm pleased to announce that I have also completed my review.

It was my first ever Star Clipper cruise: a fact not lost on myself when I discovered that on this particular cruise 90% of the passengers were repeat sailors.

37334567184_ebdb05c28d_z.jpg

With over 100 photographs covering the ship, life onboard and the excellent itinerary it is quite lengthy but hopefully not too many stones have been left unturned. Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/11/04/star-clipper-java-sea-limited-edition-cruise/

26433205829_ed1d178060_z.jpg

Most intersting excursion was to Borobudur and a visit to the world's largest Buddhist Temple...

38153867696_bde63a6449_z.jpg

...while the most exciting one was the trip to Mount Bromo with a climb to the rim of an active volcano...

38210207971_349ccf6f52_z.jpg

I hope readers find it informative.

Thank you for your detailed review! I certainly wish the Star Clipper sales staff had this great of detail. A comment at the end of the blog from someone you sailed with indicated they continued on Singapore to Phuket. This is the itinerary I'm booked on December 2018. Do you know if they have a review anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your detailed review! I certainly wish the Star Clipper sales staff had this great of detail. A comment at the end of the blog from someone you sailed with indicated they continued on Singapore to Phuket. This is the itinerary I'm booked on December 2018. Do you know if they have a review anywhere?

Good evening Steph.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Regarding the comment from a delightful couple we met, and gave some advice to on what best to see in Singapore, I don't think they are the kind of folk who use these kind of sites.

My best advice is to keep watching this thread or start a new one with any specific question you may have.

Again, thanks for the kind comment.

Thank you for your wonderful detailed review. I'm booked on the May 19th 2018, 7 night Bali cruise. I've already booked our air but I'm considering cancelling the cruise and undertaking a land based adventure on our own. My main concern is the size of the boat and the motion. My husband and I love to cruise 1-2 times per year but I'm extremely prone to motion sickness and will take medication every night before we sail. How rough was the water in and around Bali? How would you rate the motion compared to the big ships and did you hear of anyone not feeling well? I appreciate any insight you can provide. thx

Thank you for your wonderful detailed review. I'm booked on the May 19th 2018, 7 night Bali cruise. I've already booked our air but I'm considering cancelling the cruise and undertaking a land based adventure on our own. My main concern is the size of the boat and the motion. My husband and I love to cruise 1-2 times per year but I'm extremely prone to motion sickness and will take medication every night before we sail. How rough was the water in and around Bali? How would you rate the motion compared to the big ships and did you hear of anyone not feeling well? I appreciate any insight you can provide. thx

I hosted a Clipper event this weekend with a rep from Clipper and we talked about motion sickness. She taught us that because of the way the ship sits and how it sails...that you are going forward and not waving back and forth. And, you are hugging coasts, not open sea. Still, I plan to wear the patch per usual on big ships. Can't wait for the new experience!

Good evening Steph.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Regarding the comment from a delightful couple we met, and gave some advice to on what best to see in Singapore, I don't think they are the kind of folk who use these kind of sites.

My best advice is to keep watching this thread or start a new one with any specific question you may have.

Again, thanks for the kind comment.

Thank you!