3-29-18 Thursday Weigh-In....Happy Easter On Sunday

Belle

Hi Belle...guess I'm talking to myself. No one else around.

Are you all on cruises? Hope your having fun!

I'm here:D good morning!

We've been eating leftovers, but that's been good because it's been repurposed into other healthy(ish) meals. Ham in salads and a ham pot pie last night (one crust, lots of veggies) to use up the gravy. BBQ Shepherd's pie tonight to use up the last of the mashed potatoes.

Unfortunately we also had some unhealthy leftovers (choc. pecan pie, macaroni salad) but they were fairly small servings and all gone now. All that's left are the jelly beans:o

I both looking forward to and dreading tomorrow. I want to know where I'm at (and trying not to weigh more than once a week), but doubt it will be down like I want.:(

Hey. I’m not faring too well this week. Eating exact same meal wise, but snacking way too much. It’s quite disappointing. I suppose my lack of progress over the last several weeks has killed my enthusiasm. Just seem to be complacent now. I know it gets harder the longer you go, so that’s expected.

Today is my Friday though so that’s a good thing! Out to lunch with a friend at work later then hopefully good the rest of the day!

Have been reading up a lot on the Carnival Horizon since that’s our next cruise. Sounds pretty good. We haven’t been on a new Carnival ship since 2001 I think? It was among the first handful of sailings and was our first splurge for a balcony.

“See” you guys in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello pacruise and Mike..I know snacking get us all and especially after a holiday....

Have a question for all of us...The question is for when we're not really being good,

when we're off track.

Your home all day and it's easier to have 3 healthy meals but also easier to snack more

because food is all around.

Your at work, your busy don't have food around except lunch. So when you come home

do you eat to much at dinner or snack to much because you didn't have food around during the day.

Which one do you think it makes it easier to cheat?

Which one do you think helps you to stay on track more.

. From your view., what you've done now or in the past.

Know not everyone are working outside the home at this time.

Edited by Belle

Hello pacruise and Mike..I know snacking get us all and especially after a holiday....

Have a question for all of us...The question is for when we're not really being good,

when we're off track.

Your home all day and it's easier to have 3 healthy meals but also easier to snack more

because food is all around.

Your at work, your busy don't have food around except lunch. So when you come home

do you eat to much at dinner or snack to much because you didn't have food around during the day.

Which one do you think it makes it easier to cheat?

Which one do you think helps you to stay on track more.

. From your view., what you've done now or in the past.

Know not everyone are working outside the home at this time.

For me, days at work are generally easier. I'm usually pretty busy so I'm not thinking about food. Weekends especially are harder. I'm trying to work on staying more focused on the weekends.

I agree, work is a piece of cake. Smoothie for breakfast, nuts and fruit for lunch, like clockwork. I turn down candy, cookies, donuts, whatever. So at dinner, I’m more than ready to eat and more often than not, eat more than I should. So is that a flaw to my system, perhaps. It seems I’m definitely more inclined to snack and overeat at

Home since I’ve behaved all day. Frustrating.

Mike

I'm a homemaker, but errand days or otherwise structured days are easier to eat better. If it's a cleaning or paperwork day it is much easier to do distracted eating. I'm hoping today will be better since I have some outdoor projects to tackle and need to go to the grocery store.

I did really well when I was tracking everything through My Fitness Pal, but I got out of the habit and am really struggling to get back to it. Something needs to give though :(

Proper nutrition, exercise, and calorie tracking is hard. Being overweight with no energy is hard too. I need to choose my hard and as Stacey from Humorous Homemaking says "get off my Blessed Assurance" and do something!

Couldn’t agree more PAcruise! You can do it. It really bothers me how many years I spent being overweight and lethargic. Im essentially a new person now. It’s not easy, but so worth it.