Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:36 PM.
FLORIDA
57 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We are just back, and will be happy to answer any questions I can.

We have been on over 30 cruises, so we have a lot of experience. We were very pleasantly surprised with our two night vacation.

The ship is in very good condition. nothing looked old or worn out. Its not a new ship, so don't expect that. Our cabin, U116 was very roomy, bigger than I expected, and was in good condition.
The crew was cleaning constantly. The a/c was good, and no foul smells.

The crew was excellent, all very friendly and all seemed happy.

It was well worth the money, and we will go again!
Maryland
226 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Thank you, straight to the point review. How was the food? Did you go to any of the shows? I really enjoyed the glow night party and the bar-b-que. I didn't spend much time in Freeport, so I rushed back to the ship to enjoy the bar-b-que without the crowds .
FLORIDA
57 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We did attend both shows. I thought they did a good job, could use a little more polish, but good entertainment.

The comedian was very good in the regular show. we did not go to the adult comedy.

I thought the food was reasonable. Buffet was adequate, pizza was good. bbq was excellent. dinner the first night was good, second night was just ok. Everyone must keep in mind, this is a $150 cruise, not a $6000 Celebrity cruise. I didn't go hungry.

Freeport is a sad disappointing place
Maryland
226 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Thanks SOUNDSGOOD. I agree, Freeport has a lot of work to come up. When I went on this cruise I knew what to expect. It was a great cruise for a little over $200 a piece because we went on father's day.
Atlanta
3 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Hello THC, my husband and I are sailing 4/20/18. The reviews on their website had complaints regarding additional fees like $25 per person to get off the boat in Freeport. Are these reviews true or are the fees similar to other cruise lines? I have sailed with Carnival, RC and Norwegian in the past.
FLORIDA
57 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
We did not pay a fee to visit Freeport for the day. I can only assume that people may be charged a fee by the Bahamas is you are getting off the ship and staying on the island.

The only fee's we were charged were for tips and $1 per person for the port of west palm.
Atlanta
3 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Originally posted by SOUNDSGOOD!
We did not pay a fee to visit Freeport for the day. I can only assume that people may be charged a fee by the Bahamas is you are getting off the ship and staying on the island.

The only fee's we were charged were for tips and $1 per person for the port of west palm.

Thank you very much!! I figured the complaints were not based on facts.
West Palm Beach, FL
314 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Does anyone know the name of the comedian on the ship?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
06-14-2011 Bahamas Celebration
06-11-2013 Bahamas Celebration
Centerville, Ohio, USA
9,893 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Freeport gets many negative comments on a variety of cruise line message boards. If Grand Celebration and Grand Classica dock in the area where my Carnival Pride vessel docked and one does not want to stray far from the dock area, it is a port worth one's effort to disembark for awhile. Lots of small vendors, a nice small shopping area, a gazebo with periodic live music performed, and Bahamian citizens who were welcoming and pleasant with whom to deal. Oh, and I forget to mention Senor Frog's establishment is in the area as well. I enjoyed my Freeport port visit and I will agree that it is most different now than it was years ago.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
53 cruises: 32 Holland America, 4 Princess, 4 Carnival, 3 Pacific Far East Line, 2 Cunard, 2 Royal Viking Line, 1 each: Celebrity Cruises, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Sitmar, American Hawaii Cruises, Home Lines
FLORIDA
57 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
The problem is that the whole port area is closed if the Celebration is there by itself. We rented a car from a place whose office is across from fat Tuesday. He was the only place open. We asked about it, and he said they only open the other places when Carnival or some other ship is there.

I think its sad and a waste to have a ship there every other day, and soon every day, and not use this.