Allianz insurance pre existing conditions policy

esper10

Hi all, it is the first time I bought insurance other than the cruise line insurance. I bought Allianz Global. I bought for my self I’m 60 years old and my mom 85 years. I bought ONLY the medical portion 50,000 medical and 1,000,000 emergency medical transportation. I DID NOT buy the trip cancellation because I have it with my credit card. I asked about pre existing conditions because my mom has high blood pressure which is very stable but she is under medication. I was told that I have it in the policy automatically but another representative told me that if I must have the trip cancellation in order the pre existing to work. Any one of you know any thing about this? Please help.

Call Allianz or read your the full policy that was sent to you either by mail or email.

I always buy Trip Cancellation and Medical through them and they have been great. If you purchase within 7 - 14 days then there is a pre-existing condition waiver.

I would also double check that credit card insurance. Even my Amex Platinum does not cover pre-existing conditions. So, if you have to cancel and hope for reimbursement you may be out of luck. The issue is that insurance companies do not like to pay if they don't have to. If they can find a connection to high blood pressure and the cause of the cancellation they will not pay. I.E. Heart Attack, Stroke, kidney failure. They may end up paying but you will jump through a few hoops with doctors before they do.

Take care,

Mike

Hi all, it is the first time I bought insurance other than the cruise line insurance. I bought Allianz Global. I bought for my self I’m 60 years old and my mom 85 years. I bought ONLY the medical portion 50,000 medical and 1,000,000 emergency medical transportation. I DID NOT buy the trip cancellation because I have it with my credit card. I asked about pre existing conditions because my mom has high blood pressure which is very stable but she is under medication. I was told that I have it in the policy automatically but another representative told me that if I must have the trip cancellation in order the pre existing to work. Any one of you know any thing about this? Please help.

You already have a post about this here, and we've responded, as have others.

GC

You already have a post about this here, and we've responded, as have others.

GC

This thread was originally posted over at the Carnival board but was moved here because it has nothing to do with Carnival. Apparently OP started a separate thread here as well.

This thread was originally posted over at the Carnival board but was moved here because it has nothing to do with Carnival. Apparently OP started a separate thread here as well.

I know and i’m Sorry. I posted it in a couple of places as I didn’t know how to got to this area and was hoping to get more people. Once again sorry I just need help