Connecting time in AMS Airport

Moon_dance

Hi,

Following up on a thread I started a few weeks ago, I'm still looking for a flight from YUL (Montreal, Canada), to VCE (Venice, Italy), departing on Nov 3rd, returning Nov 24th (flight must depart after noon because we'll be coming off the cruise ship that morning).

I've found what looks like a nice flight, with KLM airline. The retuning flight concerns me though, and I need a bit of advice. The connecting time is 55 minutes. Is this enough? I've read it's doable but was wondering if someone here had actually had such a short connection in AMS Schiphol. The AMS Schiphol website states that the minimum connection time from Schengen to non-Schengen countries is 50 minutes with KLM.

Here are the flight details:

VCE-AMS 12:25 - 14:25, flight #KL1654

Connection 55 min

AMS-YUL 15:20 - 17:05, flight #KL0671

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I've done it a few times so it is doable, but nothing can go wrong. I guess the question is how upset you would be if you have to go home with an extra stop in JFK, or DTW, or have an extra night in AMS, CDG, JFK or DTW if they can't accommodate you? That is the only non stop to YUL on KLM.

If you have another choice do that. Maybe an earlier flight from Venice? Officially it is doable, but a delay of only 10 or 15 minutes makes it impossible and you will need a rerouting with probably 1 or 2 extra stops. Schiphol Amsterdam is a one terminal concept but sometimes it is quite a walk. Also it might give problems with your luggage. It will be tagged to you final destination but of course also needs some time from one aircraft to the other.

Can you spend a night in Venice and take an earlier flight the next morning, with a longer connection time?
I wish I could, but not... because of work schedule I must return the same day as the cruise ends [emoji53]

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

I was looking at flights for your dates. For roughly the same price as the KLM flights, you can fly British Airways via London, with a very comfortable departure time from VCE of 12:50 and a nice 2:30 connection in LHR on the return. The trade-off is the connection on the departure flights - you either need to change airports in London (LHR to LGW) with 4 hours between flights - not something I recommend - or you have a 10:15 connection in LHR. Now, the latter gives you plenty of time to go into London and see something of the city - I'd have no problems with this, but you have to decide if this would work for you.