Mariner Dinner Reservations

Something just occurred to me- it has been mentioned that you can pre- order items in Compass Rose. Has anyone tried to pre-order at Setti-Mari? I keep wanting to try the veal chop, but it never seems to be on the menu on the nights that I have been there.

Something just occurred to me- it has been mentioned that you can pre- order items in Compass Rose. Has anyone tried to pre-order at Setti-Mari? I keep wanting to try the veal chop, but it never seems to be on the menu on the nights that I have been there.

Although I pre-order items in CR, I do not believe that this can be done in any other doing venue.

Though we haven't been able to travel on Regent for the past two years, when we did cruise, the menus for Compass Rose and Setti-Mari were posted on the TV earlier in the day. Thus, you could make your decision about which restaurant to choose based on the menus. If you wanted the veal chop you could choose to eat in Setti-Mari on the day it was offered since no reservations are needed.

Though we haven't been able to travel on Regent for the past two years, when we did cruise, the menus for Compass Rose and Setti-Mari were posted on the TV earlier in the day. Thus, you could make your decision about which restaurant to choose based on the menus. If you wanted the veal chop you could choose to eat in Setti-Mari on the day it was offered since no reservations are needed.

This is a very helpful hint for newbies. Thanks for posting

But... but.. but... what if there is something wonderful on the Compass Rose menu that night?

Life is so full of difficult decisions! [emoji12]

But... but.. but... what if there is something wonderful on the Compass Rose menu that night?

Life is so full of difficult decisions! [emoji12]

Then just order that dish for another night, which you can do in Compass Rose :D

Regent is full of useful solutions! ;)

While we're on the subject of dining -- how does Regent handle solo diners? I'm not anticipating any issues in Compass Rose (I'm perfectly happy to be seated at a larger table with others -- it's a great way to meet new people), but what about in the specialty restaurants? Can I make a reservation for "1"? and if so, can I be seated with others who are open to that, or will I be seated at a 2-person table by myself (also perfectly OK)?

Lana in Bellingham, WA

While we're on the subject of dining -- how does Regent handle solo diners? I'm not anticipating any issues in Compass Rose (I'm perfectly happy to be seated at a larger table with others -- it's a great way to meet new people), but what about in the specialty restaurants? Can I make a reservation for "1"? and if so, can I be seated with others who are open to that, or will I be seated at a 2-person table by myself (also perfectly OK)?

Lana in Bellingham, WA

When you make your reservation, say "yes" to the shared table question.

It's still that way, we're cruising now on Regent. All menus are posted on the TV.

Thank you everyone for all of the hints. We booked our cruise late so I thought all the good times would be gone but I was able to get both specialty restaurants at 7p for 2.

My question is how do I know when there is a special night that I may not want to be in a specialty restaurant. For examp!e, the last night was available for a good dinner time, but I thought that would be the farewell dinner. Probably late to do much moving, but I am still interested. The activity list doesn't give special dinners. At least what I could find.

Tulok, the farewell dinner is likely to be on the next to last night. I would not hesitate to book a specialty for the last.

This is just my opinion, but as I mentioned before, the everyday menu at Compass Rose is so great that it is no longer so important to take pains to be there on any particular evening.

Tulok, the farewell dinner is likely to be on the next to last night. I would not hesitate to book a specialty for the last.

This is just my opinion, but as I mentioned before, the everyday menu at Compass Rose is so great that it is no longer so important to take pains to be there on any particular evening.

Boblerm, thank you for the info. I am sure the days reserved will be fine, and if not, I will take your advice and eat at CR. If I don't have to cook or clean, it will be more than great.

Is it possible to make more than one night reservations for the specialty restaurants once on the ship if they are available? Or are we only limited to once during the cruise in Concierge suite?Thank you

Generally you an make additional specialty reservations one you are onboard the ship. The longer the cruise, the more likely that you will get more reservations. Seven night itineraries tend to be difficult since Regent pretty much guarantees that everyone can dine in a specialty restaurant at least one time.

Note: It no more or less likely that you can get an additional dining reservation if you are in the lowest category suite or a penthouse suite.

Absolutely able to dine more than once in the specialty restaurants. Even if told "no" in the afternoon, you can always stop by in the evening to see if there've been any cancellations. And always easier to get another reservation if you're willing to share a table. Also easier, of course, if you're willing to dine at a less crowded time. (Not sure what that would be. Maybe early?)