Ketchikan with rollator

katrina915

My sister and I will be visiting Ketchikan in July and will be in port from 7am-4pm. I am taking an excursion from 8-1. My sister uses a rollator and probably wouldn't be interested in Deadliest catch or lumberjack show. She likes to shop so I am wondering how steep is the walk to and the stairs to climb to get to and around Creek Street. She probably would also enjoy seeing the salmon. If I catch up to her, I can carry rollator up any steps and help her climb them if not too high. If I end up catching up to her in Creek Street after my excursion, are there taxis around in case she gets tired or we run out of time?

Thanks.

My family and I have been to Ketchikan two times. Both times we were pushing our adult daughter in a manual wheelchair. I don't recall any steps to get to Creek Street. There are some hills but nothing too steep. I don't think your sister will have any issues. Sorry, but I don't know about taxis.

The walk to Creek St. from the docks is full of shopping, just about all of it on flat streets. It may be a slight incline uphill to get to Creek St., but there are no stairs. I did it a few years ago on a scooter.

Creek St. itself is a flat boardwalk. There may be a step (or two) getting into some of the shops (I didn't go in).

Oh, The Deadliest Catch is a fantastic tour! I have never seen the show, nor am I interested in fishing, but I loved the tour. I also had a great time watching the Lumberjack show. You can walk to both of them, as they are quite near the dock; no hills involved. And there's shopping right nearby (or there, in the case of the Lumberjack show).

Your sister may want to reconsider taking one of these.

• 1 year later...
The walk to Creek St. from the docks is full of shopping, just about all of it on flat streets. It may be a slight incline uphill to get to Creek St., but there are no stairs. I did it a few years ago on a scooter.

Creek St. itself is a flat boardwalk. There may be a step (or two) getting into some of the shops (I didn't go in).

Oh, The Deadliest Catch is a fantastic tour! I have never seen the show, nor am I interested in fishing, but I loved the tour. I also had a great time watching the Lumberjack show. You can walk to both of them, as they are quite near the dock; no hills involved. And there's shopping right nearby (or there, in the case of the Lumberjack show).

Your sister may want to reconsider taking one of these.

thank you for posting. i am considering a scooter and would appreciate your input as to excursions & where i definately cannot take a scooter. thank you