Detroit to FLL, what's a good price

Travelbug1978

Impossible to say. Don't book right away as typically only fully flexible fares are loaded on day 1 but monitor what happens once things calm a little and pull the trigger when you see something you like. As your financial advisor has probably told you...past performance is not indicative of future results.

Don't forget to look at fares into MIA and PBI too.

As your financial advisor has probably told you...past performance is not indicative of future results.

Since I was a portfolio manager in a "past life," no truer words have been said. Wishing we all had a crystal ball for future airfare and market performance ;)

Here's an fyi from another thread....Easter, Passover, school vacations, etc are all very late in April....I think Easter is the 19th.

This may well mean that airfare to Florida will be abnormally high for most of April.

Here's an fyi from another thread....Easter, Passover, school vacations, etc are all very late in April....I think Easter is the 19th.

Easter in 2019 is April 21st.

OP is cruising 04/27(?). Airfare is probably never going to be cheap for that date. The school districts here have that week off.

Addendum to my post.... I've been keeping track of the cost of my tickets since I purchased them at what I had believed to be a good price with reasonable departure/return/layover times. My gut feeling proved myself right, as the price of the tickets increased after purchase in March for a September flight.

What is defined as "reasonable"? Since I'm flying cross country, I would define it as the following:

• Layover times: Since there are no non-stops from Sacramento to Miami-area airports, a layover time of at least one hour and no more than two hours might be considered reasonable. Anything shorter, and I'm running between planes. Anything three hours or longer... (sigh)
  • Departure time from Sacramento: If I want to arrive in Miami sometime in the early evening, I'm looking at a departure time from Sacramento at no longer than 9 AM. A 8:10 AM flight is more reasonable than a 6:05 AM flight for arrival at around 8:15 PM in Miami.
  • Departure time from Miami: From what I heard, you should not book your flight any earlier than 5 hours after your ship is scheduled to arrive in port. For me, my ship is scheduled to arrive back in Miami at 7 AM, thus I should not be looking at flights any earlier than noon. I got a nice 1:30 PM flight that gets back to Sacramento at 8:30 PM. If I pushed it, I would try a 11-noon flight.... but I won't.

Of course, I'm no flight guru. There are people who are much more knowledgeable about flights that this once-a-year flier.

And, please, do not fly in the same day of your cruise.

We fly from DTW to FLL several times a year. Prices vary quite a bit, depending on the day, time, etc. We have purchased for as little as $250 rt. Currently looking at next April. Prices are currently showing about $700 rt.

We fly from DTW to FLL several times a year. Prices vary quite a bit, depending on the day, time, etc. We have purchased for as little as $250 rt. Currently looking at next April. Prices are currently showing about $700 rt.

I will be looking for end of april

Prices are all over the map depending on cruise activity. It's one of those places where it's often more expensive to fly on the weekend than during the week. Sometimes it's cheaper to stay a day or two, especially on the return.