Thank you so much Angus Struthers....but...

Germancruiser

Thank you for coming back and replying to this thread. That is very considerate of you and appreciated. Also the offer of another Q&A is thoughtful, but as you can tell from reading this thread most of us feel the Q&A was pointless because none of the questions were really answered, at least not in a direct, upfront, and transparent way. The answers we did receive were basically feel-good marketing fluff that never really addressed the concerns. So having another Q&A is fairly pointless unless you plan to be more forthcoming and upfront with your replies. I hope you understand that is the true desire of most of us here on Cruise Critic. Thanks again for your time.

Absolutely spot on.

Guest SilverHengroen

Has anyone considered perhaps he wasn’t more specific because the details are still being worked out? I mean we’re still a good 4 years away, if the ship actually takes about 18 months from keel laying to completion (based on QV and QE) that’s a good 2.5 years of design work still to do. If they are lengthening the design that’s a major engineering undertaking that probably needs to be completed before any of the finer details can be confirmed...

Has anyone considered perhaps he wasn’t more specific because the details are still being worked out? I mean we’re still a good 4 years away, if the ship actually takes about 18 months from keel laying to completion (based on QV and QE) that’s a good 2.5 years of design work still to do. If they are lengthening the design that’s a major engineering undertaking that probably needs to be completed before any of the finer details can be confirmed...

Most of the questions were not pertaining to the new ship. The answers to pretty much all the questions were vague, lacking any substance, and filled with fluffy marketing speak.

Indeed. And most of the questions were just that rather than editorials disguised as questions. For example, "Why has Cunard dropped the Mediterranean almost entirely from its programme 2019 onwards?" They have. It's a fact. And I just wanted a reason. I don't ever recall a line just dropping an entire region like that, one that has always been a cornerstone of British based lines. Indeed, Orient Line invented the Mediterranean cruise 120 years ago. And suddenly, it just vanishes. Surely there is a reason or reasons. My wife and I like the Med and it will be the reason we probably won't be booking Cunard next year.

Regarding the issue of the location of Club cabins on QE/QV AS clearly needs to look at the QV deck plan for 2019 where four A1 cabins have been created on deck 7 (but not on QE) so some respite for a lucky few from clomping feet and scraping chairs above.

DJ