Quiet beach?

digitalknoll

Hey everyone,

First time to St. Croix this November and my Wife and I are very excited. We are lucky enough to be the only ship in port that day too, so crowds shouldn't be bad at all.

We are browsing the threads looking for the kinda beach we like to go to. We don't need any amenities or even bathrooms, just a shade tree or two and a sandy beach. We bring our own drinks so no need for vendors either. Any suggestions on where to go? We don't mind a little hike or cab ride to get there either.

After a few hours on the beach we like to hit a bar or two on the way back to the ship, so any suggestions on a laid back watering hole would be awesome as well.

Thanks in advance Friends!

-DK

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

First time to St. Croix this November and my Wife and I are very excited. We are lucky enough to be the only ship in port that day too, so crowds shouldn't be bad at all.

We are browsing the threads looking for the kinda beach we like to go to. We don't need any amenities or even bathrooms, just a shade tree or two and a sandy beach. We bring our own drinks so no need for vendors either. Any suggestions on where to go? We don't mind a little hike or cab ride to get there either.

After a few hours on the beach we like to hit a bar or two on the way back to the ship, so any suggestions on a laid back watering hole would be awesome as well.

Thanks in advance Friends!

-DK

Sandy Point! Sounds like exactly what you are looking for, although shade is a bit sparse, it is an amazing beach. Grab a taxi and point it south, it's a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the beach but totally worth it.

Then hit Tap Deck on your way back for a cold cocktail in the ac.

Sounds like a good day to me!

Sandy Point! Sounds like exactly what you are looking for, although shade is a bit sparse, it is an amazing beach. Grab a taxi and point it south, it's a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the beach but totally worth it.

Then hit Tap Deck on your way back for a cold cocktail in the ac.

Sounds like a good day to me!

Thanks Drake! I like the enthusiasm, too. OK, I'll start looking into this one. Thanks for the return trip bar hop suggestion too. Any experience grabbing beer to go outside the port? Is there a little store at the ready close by?

We have a backpack cooler that we fill with ice from the ship, so just need some local beers and we are good, unless they also have those Jamaican patties too!

Thanks again for the suggestions.

DK

Thanks Drake! I like the enthusiasm, too. OK, I'll start looking into this one. Thanks for the return trip bar hop suggestion too. Any experience grabbing beer to go outside the port? Is there a little store at the ready close by?

We have a backpack cooler that we fill with ice from the ship, so just need some local beers and we are good, unless they also have those Jamaican patties too!

Thanks again for the suggestions.

DK

S&B Liquor, one block inland from the pier on the corner of King Street and Market Street.

Plenty of beer and snacks.

• 1 month later...
How much is a taxi to Sandy Point? Also where do we get the taxi? Do they rent chairs and umbrellas at this beach? Do they take US dollars?

$10 at the most, probably less.

Absolutely no amenities at Sandy Point, no rentals, no umbrellas, no bathrooms.

We only take gold dubloons here!