Vancouver departure

We are going on an Alaska cruise departing and returning to Vancouver, Canada.

I would love suggestions on what to do when we return back. Our flight is not until late in the evening.

I checked to see if there was an excursion we could do from the ship and there is not. There will be 3 adults and 1 8 year old. We will have our luggage. Wondering what we could do during this time and where to store our luggage. Thanks much!

It would be helpful if you mentioned what time your flight is.

With that said at the port there is a place where you can store your luggage so one option is to store it there and then take sometime to explore the downtown area.

Downtown you could walk around the area. Places to visit include:

Stanley Park and within Stanley Park the Aquarium. I think that would be and for all of you. You could take a nice long walk there (about 45 minutes) or take a taxi.

There are many places in the downtown area to enjoy lunch.

Keith

Not knowing you & yours OP, it's hard to recommend which very limited options would be best to prioritise in your less-than-a-day. As long as your flight is after 6pm, I'd strongly recommend sending your bags to the airport from the pier using CDS Baggage (they operate the pier and airport storage, and for $40 will move bags between them - their airport office is open until 11:30pm or later so it's very easy to collect even if you have a fliught in the wee small hours of next day). This frees up your entire day, no need to return to the pier, so wherever you want to visit you can link the sites in the most efficient way without worrying about getting back to Canada Place.

As to what to do - hit Trip Advisor, see what the top sites are for Joe Q Public (especially check suggested itineraries involving '1 day in Vancouver with kids') and see which also sound good to all of your group. Keith's already flagged some high value/all ages options - but (for example) maybe you already have a good or even better aquarium near you so won't see ours as a priority for you?

By all means come back with more info about your likes/dislikes, budget, and mobility so that some targeted suggestions can be made - you'll have 2 meals to figure out as well as what to go see/do - but without knowing more about your group the best advice is going to be very generic, so unless you are truly 'the average family' suggestions will be sub-optimal at best.

Depending on what time your flight departs there is a hop on and off bus system that you could use to get to some popular attractions around the city, website is vancouvertrolley.com, there is a map of the stops that might give you some ideas. You can catch the skytrain to the airport from wherever you end the day, depending on what you do with your luggage. I am also looking at luggage options. I have been to Vancouver but never had to deal with storing luggage before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...