Beware of Johnny Cab!

JudithLynne

I am aware of great reviews of Johnny Cab. We had a different and disappointing experience.

My husband and I are experienced cruisers having just completed our 42nd cruise and our 5th Hawaii cruise.

We arrived at HNL on 4-29-2018, a Sunday. I had reserved Johnny Cab 6 months in advance. Per his request, I confirmed the reservation shortly before arrival.

When we arrived at HNL Johnny Cab was not there nor was there a message from him on my phone. My husband searched the entire pick up area but could not find his cab. Meanwhile I kept getting calls from an unknown number. I finally decided to answer and a man said that Johnny was not coming as he decided to go swimming instead, first we knew of that. The substitute taxi driver, Johnny's appointee, found us and we were taken to the pier. He told us that Johnny was notorious for ditching passengers with reservations on weekends and outsourcing the job to another taxi company. The driver said that he does not like taking Johnny's jobs because of angry passengers. He was very empathetic with our anger.

Needless to say, we will not book with Johnny Cab again. I have looked at other reviews describing this same experience. Johnny's pat response is "this is not a limo service."

I am hoping that my thread will help others in making dependable, stress free travel arrangements from HNL.

Edited by JudithLynne

You were nicer than I would have been. Had I waited for Johnny Cab for 10 minutes without notification of his arrival I would have been in a taxi and on my way. I guess if you prepaid your ride you would have been more committed. Too bad you did not see other negative reviews prior to booking with him. Thank you for the heads up on Johnny Cab's attitude and reliability, this will be helpful to others!! Not a nice way to start a vacation. Hope you had a great cruise!!!! Cherie

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with JohnnyCab but there are many of us (check out TA and CC) who have had great service. We used JohnnyCab 3 Times on recent Hawaii Trip. All three times we had Ben as our driver. He was on time, polite, friendly and a great driver. We set up our transfer from airport to hotel on website and had excellent communication. We used text message for other two rides and received instant replies. It was a pleasure to deal with JohnnyCab. We saved money and time by not having to wait for a shuttle to fill up. Shuttles were $25 for each person, JohnnyCab was $25 total for two people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums