Covered Wagon Adventure excursion in Denali

jonyboy

My wife and I are doing the 2 day Denali prior to our cruise. We have looked at the Covered Wagon Adventure and dining excursion. Has anyone done this? We were both wondering about the ride in a covered wagon. 1) Are you seated inside a covered wagon? If so do you have a view of the area? 2) What is the seating like? Unlike the original pioneers, I don't look forward to sitting on a wooden board for any length of time

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I are doing the 2 day Denali prior to our cruise. We have looked at the Covered Wagon Adventure and dining excursion. Has anyone done this? We were both wondering about the ride in a covered wagon. 1) Are you seated inside a covered wagon? If so do you have a view of the area? 2) What is the seating like? Unlike the original pioneers, I don't look forward to sitting on a wooden board for any length of time

Curious if you have gone yet as we are doing this excursion also.

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 11:10 AM, mapleleaves said:

There is video of the excursion in the Alaska.org web site. Can't imagine there are too many covered wagon vendors around Denali. Call the vendor and ask how long the ride is. The video doesn't show much of the seating area.

http://www.alaska.org/videos/black-diamond-covered-wagon

I have not done it but I looked at the video.  Looks pretty lame to me.  Ride a wagon to a pavilion, eat, ride a wagon back.  Do I have it right?

DON

21 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I have not done it but I looked at the video.  Looks pretty lame to me.  Ride a wagon to a pavilion, eat, ride a wagon back.  Do I have it right?

DON

Except for the part where they tell you about all the moose that were there yesterday

• Haha 1