Oceania Suite......aft vs deck 12

Stentplacer

The deck 12 Oceania suites are a bit larger inside with a second full bathroom. The aft suites on 11 only have a second half bath. However, they have a massive wrap around balcony. I would pick the aft all day long for that balcony. I think we sat out there nearly every non-sleeping moment since it is protected from the wind. I know this might envoke some debate as the deck 11 suites are located under the terrace outdoor seating area. We didn't notice the noise but others have commented here that it was noticeable and persistent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The deck 12 Oceania suites are a bit larger inside with a second full bathroom. The aft suites on 11 only have a second half bath. However, they have a massive wrap around balcony. I would pick the aft all day long for that balcony. I think we sat out there nearly every non-sleeping moment since it is protected from the wind. I know this might envoke some debate as the deck 11 suites are located under the terrace outdoor seating area. We didn't notice the noise but others have commented here that it was noticeable and persistent.

Thank You....I think the deck 12 suites are 700 sq ft larger but deck 150 sq ft smaller

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in a deck 11 O Suite in January. It was among the best suites on any cruise line that we sailed on.

We too read about noise from above but did not experience any.

The wrap around deck was great because it allowed you to sit out of the wind if needed.

We enjoyed our aft Oceania Suite because of the big balcony. However, we did not like that there was no TV in the dining/living room. There is a "media room" that has the TV. We enjoyed being able to see the TV from the dining table in the Owner's Cabin on Regatta (similar in location and layout to the aft Oceania) and in the Owner's Cabin on both Riviera and Marina. We liked watching the CDs Daily Show, the "Where-are-we" chart, and the bow and stern camera shots while we had our morning coffee at the dining table. Couldn't do it in the aft OS.

Small quibble, I understand, but still.

The one real complaint we have with the aft OS is the second bathroom. The location of the toilet relative to the sink requires some athletic ability for the ladies to use. That was not a problem on Regatta or the O ship Owner's Cabins.

We were not bothered by any Terrace noises -- not to say we didn't hear anything, but nothing that would be disturbing of our comfort.

So, no more aft Oceania Suites for us.

Next on our list is a deck 12 forward Oceania Suite, and then a Vista for a port-intensive cruise, but they can wait. We've got 2 Owner's Cabin cruises booked for late 2019 (Marina), early 2020 (Sirena).

We enjoyed our aft Oceania Suite because of the big balcony. However, we did not like that there was no TV in the dining/living room. There is a "media room" that has the TV. We enjoyed being able to see the TV from the dining table in the Owner's Cabin on Regatta (similar in location and layout to the aft Oceania) and in the Owner's Cabin on both Riviera and Marina. We liked watching the CDs Daily Show, the "Where-are-we" chart, and the bow and stern camera shots while we had our morning coffee at the dining table. Couldn't do it in the aft OS.

Small quibble, I understand, but still.

The one real complaint we have with the aft OS is the second bathroom. The location of the toilet relative to the sink requires some athletic ability for the ladies to use. That was not a problem on Regatta or the O ship Owner's Cabins.

We were not bothered by any Terrace noises -- not to say we didn't hear anything, but nothing that would be disturbing of our comfort.

So, no more aft Oceania Suites for us.

Next on our list is a deck 12 forward Oceania Suite, and then a Vista for a port-intensive cruise, but they can wait. We've got 2 Owner's Cabin cruises booked for late 2019 (Marina), early 2020 (Sirena).

The TV set up is the same in the Oceania suites on deck 12. None in the LR/DR area.

I just laughed out loud when I saw golfguyhhi's comment about the second bath toilet! It is a unique placement that requires some flexibility for ladies. Unfortunately, it is pretty much the same for the second bath with the shower. It might be even be a bit tighter.

Definitely something to consider about the media room if you like to watch TV while you are relaxing in the LR or eating at the dining table. But that would be the same for the deck 11 or 12 Oceania suites as ORV said.

I know we are giving examples to help make an informed decision, but that suite is just gorgeous!!! You will love it...whether on deck 11 or 12. Have a blast!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We had a spectacular cruise on the Oceania Marina in Oceania Suite 11083.  When I booked this suite I was very curious about the difference between the Deck 12 Oceania Suites and the two aft Oceania Suites on Deck 11.  I could not find much information or photos and videos.  We loved the suite and the aft location.  It was perfect for a warm weather cruise in French Polynesia.  We took some photos of the suite that may help someone else make a decision between deck 12 and 11.

We are booked on the Riviera in an aft Oceania Suite and are very happy with our choice.

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083  - 28.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 1.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 2.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 3.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 4.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 5.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 6.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 7.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 8.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 9.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 10.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 11.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 12.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 12A.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 13.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 14.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 15.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 16.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 17.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 18.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 19.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 20.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 21.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 22..JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 23.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 24.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 25.JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 26..JPG

OCEANIA MARINA OCEANIA SUITE 11083 - 27.JPG

• Like 1

We have been in 11083 on Marina twice and 11080 on Riviera once.  We love the aft suites.

We did visit one of the Deck 12 OCs a few years ago and I decided then that I prefer the aft suites.  Yes, there's more interior room on the Deck 12 suites ... BUT I love the extra size wrap-around deck on the aft suites.  Although I admit a full second bath rather than a half bath would be nice ... but we can live with the half bath!

Mura

7 minutes ago, Mura said:

We have been in 11083 on Marina twice and 11080 on Riviera once.  We love the aft suites.

We did visit one of the Deck 12 OCs a few years ago and I decided then that I prefer the aft suites.  Yes, there's more interior room on the Deck 12 suites ... BUT I love the extra size wrap-around deck on the aft suites.  Although I admit a full second bath rather than a half bath would be nice ... but we can live with the half bath!

Mura

Re the half bath, we don't share a bathroom for only one function (please excuse me 🙂 ) so a half bath would be no problem.  If you have two full baths, do you each shower in different rooms?

It may not be a matter of showers, but perhaps space?

I remember years ago -- this goes back to Renaissance days, I think, so we're talking about an "R" ship Owner's Suite.  That has a large master bath and a powder room for guests.  This couple had intestinal problems and were delighted to have a second facility!

As with you, we probably wouldn't need two showers.  (Besides, in the OC suites you have the outside Jacuzzi ... might be cool at night, though.)

But it's definitely more spacious with the full second bath.

Not at all a deal breaker for us, obviously!

Mura

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mura said:

It may not be a matter of showers, but perhaps space?

I remember years ago -- this goes back to Renaissance days, I think, so we're talking about an "R" ship Owner's Suite.  That has a large master bath and a powder room for guests.  This couple had intestinal problems and were delighted to have a second facility!

As with you, we probably wouldn't need two showers.  (Besides, in the OC suites you have the outside Jacuzzi ... might be cool at night, though.)

But it's definitely more spacious with the full second bath.

Not at all a deal breaker for us, obviously!

Mura

Would be happy with either one.  Had a 12th floor a year ago and it was great and will take it again. The deck on 12 is plenty big for two of us.   If the 12th floor is not available would be very happy to take the aft suite. 

I'm sure you would!  I wasn't trying to convince anyone ... just give our feelings.  I'd be happy with a Deck 12 suite as well.  We once had one booked but ended up having to cancel that cruise.  So -- so far we've only been in the aft suites.  Sort of like the location for proximity to the restaurants, as well ... 🙂

We were in 11080 on the Marina for a Baltic cruise last summer.  It was a real joy. We used the deck so much.  My husband took hundreds of photos from there.  It was a great place to read.  I loved the little TV area, watched tons of old movies.  Only wished we got World Cup games anywhere in the ship.  The bedroom and master bath are beautiful.  Yes, the half bath can be challenging... but an extra, convenient toilet is better than none.  We've booked 11083 on Riviera this winter.  Can't wait.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:46 PM, Sny said:

We were in 11080 on the Marina for a Baltic cruise last summer.  It was a real joy. We used the deck so much.  My husband took hundreds of photos from there.  It was a great place to read.  I loved the little TV area, watched tons of old movies.  Only wished we got World Cup games anywhere in the ship.  The bedroom and master bath are beautiful.  Yes, the half bath can be challenging... but an extra, convenient toilet is better than none.  We've booked 11083 on Riviera this winter.  Can't wait.

Starting to think that we should try deck 11 one time,  Just do not know if a crossing is the right time,  Could be rough back there. 

We've been in 11080 on Marina for a Barcelona-Rio crossing and I don't recall rough weather.  We've also been in a Vista a couple of times, at least one of which was a crossing to Europe, and again I don't recall rough seas.  Since I'm prone to mal de mer although not badly, I think I'd have remembered.  Not that there are ever any guarantees on whether the seas will be rough or not!

Mura