Venice private taxi

mariamva2

How does one arrange a private taxi to St. Mark Hotel and then to the airport the next morning and is it expensive? I'm trying to decide if I should stay in the City Center for the only day/night we will be there.

How does one arrange a private taxi to St. Mark Hotel and then to the airport the next morning and is it expensive? I'm trying to decide if I should stay in the City Center for the only day/night we will be there.

I'm assuming that you mean St. Mark's Square, Venice, Italy; as when I Google St. Mark hotel it doesn't come up?

If you're disembarking in Venice you might be better to find a land based hotel where you can travel to by car, then hop on a Vaporetto to go back into Venice itself, as trundling suitcases around Venice is not easy.

If you're after a water taxi try here https://www.bookwatertaxivenice.com/

BTW. Worth a look at their website as the photo of the Caribbean clarity water around the gondala is a sight to behold :)

Edited by SKP946

As skp has said, it sounds like your hotel is near St Marks square in which case you would use a water taxi, as we did. We used Consorzio Motoscafi which is a water taxi, it dropped us at our hotel which was on the one of the canals (the hotel website said where to be dropped off).

It was €90 for the 3 of us with all our luggage. I paid online using PayPal.

Leaving the dock in the water taxi, passing the Odyssey.

C2DB5E45-4765-4D58-9BFC-5EAA5E1F4760-7523-000011BAF6FE790B_zps955b42da.jpg

7996A306-8755-46D0-921C-A88D4E5F1336-7523-000011BADE505F71_zps782794ac.jpg

Edited by ab21au

Yes, I meant St. Mark's Square in Venice. We really want to stay in the center of Venice and not in Piazzale Roma. Is it going to be a pain to get our luggage to a hotel in St. Mark's Square without spending a lot of money. The hotel quoted 195 euros for each way (from the port to the hotel and then to the airport the next day) which is over $400 and almost as more than the hotel. Any other ways to get to St. Mark's square from the port and then to the airport the next morning and approximate costs?

Yes, I meant St. Mark's Square in Venice. We really want to stay in the center of Venice and not in Piazzale Roma. Is it going to be a pain to get our luggage to a hotel in St. Mark's Square without spending a lot of money. The hotel quoted 195 euros for each way (from the port to the hotel and then to the airport the next day) which is over $400 and almost as more than the hotel. Any other ways to get to St. Mark's square from the port and then to the airport the next morning and approximate costs?

The water taxi is really the only way to go with luggage. I have stayed in Venice 6 times, even the Vaporreto with luggage is very difficult. Venice cobblestones are murder on suitcases, you see so many tourists dragging suitcases where the wheels have broken off. Then there are all the bridges with (many) steps over the canals. Plus the crowds of people and the heat.

Unless you're young and fit and capable of carrying all your luggage more than 2 miles or more in the heat (and it can get very hot in Venice) I would forget it.

Maybe investigate a luggage storage facility at the dock.

Have you looked at the map of Venice ?https://www.google.com.au/maps/@45.4338307,12.3358234,17z

Perhaps read Rick Steve on Venice.:)

Luggage storage is genius! I think that is what we are going to do! How far is this one from the Seabourn port? I'm assuming this is safe. It's only 1 minute from the airport shuttle which will be convenient the next morning.

Luggage Storage Piazzale Roma

red.pngred.pngred.pngred.pngred.png

In the Piazzale Roma |1 minute from Airport Shuttle | 600mt from Santa Lucia Station

Luggage storage is genius! I think that is what we are going to do! How far is this one from the Seabourn port? I'm assuming this is safe. It's only 1 minute from the airport shuttle which will be convenient the next morning.

Luggage Storage Piazzale Roma

It depends on where your cruise docks. If it docks at San Basilio, you will not be near the luggage storage. Do you have your cruise documents yet? It tells you whether you will be at St B or at the main cruise terminal.

It depends on where your cruise docks. If it docks at San Basilio, you will not be near the luggage storage. Do you have your cruise documents yet? It tells you whether you will be at St B or at the main cruise terminal.

Seabourn no longer docks at San Basilio - that was in the (sadly, long-gone) days of the Little Sisters. Seabourn now uses the main cruise port.