Hotel in San Francisco

Leaving from SF, February 2019 on the Coral Princess and need a hotel for the night before the cruise. We have been to SF before so we don't need to be near any particular area ( have seen major sights). We will be getting there late afternoon or early evening so within walking distance to a restaurant would be great.. We are flying into SF or possibly Sacramento a few days before and spending time in Napa Valley with a rental car. Will return car in SF and use uber or Taxi to get to hotel & cruise port.

Any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks!

The Cow Hollow Motor Lodge, not the fanciest of hotels but it is always clean, great staff, and in a nice area and fairly inexpensive for a SF hotel. I've stayed there multiple times for business and have never had a bad experience. It's in the Marina District which has several restaurants that are within walking distance.

Near the port would be the Hyatt Embarcadero.

Thanks for the feedback--trying to stay for around $200 or less for the one night. Also, any recommendations for a place to stay in Napa? Again looking to stay around $200. We'd like to use our money to taste some great wines and eat at a couple of good restaurants. We're not looking for a fancy hotel to hang out, just a decent place to sleep!

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback--trying to stay for around $200 or less for the one night. Also, any recommendations for a place to stay in Napa? Again looking to stay around $200. We'd like to use our money to taste some great wines and eat at a couple of good restaurants. We're not looking for a fancy hotel to hang out, just a decent place to sleep!

Thanks

You should be able to get a room for less than $200 at the Cow Hollow Motor Inn.

In Napa I'd look in Yountville and St Helena.

In Yountville I'd look at Maison Fleurie, Lavender Inn and Napa Valley Lodge.

In St Helena, the Harvest Inn, El Bonita and Vineyard Country Inn.

In SF, try the Cow Hallow Motor Inn, Columbus Motor Inn and Lombard Inn, all from the same company in the same rough area.

The Cow Hollow Motor Lodge, not the fanciest of hotels but it is always clean, great staff, and in a nice area and fairly inexpensive for a SF hotel. I've stayed there multiple times for business and have never had a bad experience. It's in the Marina District which has several restaurants that are within walking distance.

Near the port would be the Hyatt Embarcadero.

I second the Hyatt. Perfect location and the BART station drops you right at the front door. Plenty of dining options in the area, especially at the ferry building across the street

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with Scottca75. We stayed at the Columbus Motor Inn a few weeks ago.. Recently refurbished, clean and comfortable and inexpensive. Short walk to restaurants and Ghirardellis for a hot fudge sundae. There is also a Walgreens on the next block.

I'll second the Cow Hollow here...The Columbus Inn is its sister hotel and there are a few others in the group--all fairly similar. We've stayed in the Cow Hollow a few times because it is very close to our daughter's apartment in the Marina District. The Marina District has MANY very trendy eateries...So, you are close to a lot of places to eat there...just walk a block north of the hotel to Chestnut Street, turn left and walk along there to find whatever looks good...It's pretty much the next neighborhood to the West of the Fisherman's Wharf area--so you are close to that as well...and not far from the pier...

A second great thing about the Cow Hollow (and its sisters) is FREE PARKING--something very rare in San Francisco...So, if you have that rental car with you, you can park for free (In other hotels in The City, we've paid as much as $80 per night just to park a car!)...

The rooms are actually quite spacious, though not all that luxurious...but they are clean and comfortable.

In SF, try the Cow Hallow Motor Inn, Columbus Motor Inn and Lombard Inn, all from the same company in the same rough area.

Scott...I think you meant "roughly in the same area", NOT "in the same rough area"...The area is not "rough"...It's one of the nicer areas of San Francisco--Marina District/Fisherman's Wharf...

I agree with Scottca75. We stayed at the Columbus Motor Inn a few weeks ago.. Recently refurbished, clean and comfortable and inexpensive. Short walk to restaurants and Ghirardellis for a hot fudge sundae. There is also a Walgreens on the next block.

It's been about 10 years since last trip to SF, I forgot about Ghirardelli's:D:hearteyes:!

Hey I live in San Francisco and would suggest the Hyatt Regency too! It's such a lovely hotel and the location is perfect. It's directly across the street from the Ferry Building. The Marketplace inside has a lot of cute shops and eateries. Our city is so awesome, you'll have a wonderful time :-)

Napa Valley wine country is very spread out so don't limit your search to "Napa". You could probably find rooms in the price range even in Santa Rosa, which isn't that far from "wine country". Unless you are willing to $$$$ for a resort experience there aren't many hotels within walking distance of more than 1-2 wineries. Try to get off the main "wine trail" and experience some of the smaller places. We really enjoy Bell Wine Cellars in Yountville. It's a little off the beaten path, but well worth the stop.

Hey I live in San Francisco and would suggest the Hyatt Regency too! It's such a lovely hotel and the location is perfect. It's directly across the street from the Ferry Building. The Marketplace inside has a lot of cute shops and eateries. Our city is so awesome, you'll have a wonderful time :-)

Will look into it---love SF, it's almost as awesome as my city!;p

Napa Valley wine country is very spread out so don't limit your search to "Napa". You could probably find rooms in the price range even in Santa Rosa, which isn't that far from "wine country". Unless you are willing to $$$$ for a resort experience there aren't many hotels within walking distance of more than 1-2 wineries. Try to get off the main "wine trail" and experience some of the smaller places. We really enjoy Bell Wine Cellars in Yountville. It's a little off the beaten path, but well worth the stop.

Thanks, will do! We have been to so many other wine areas of California, that we loved, but never got around to Napa! Thanks for the recommendation!

I did a pre-cruise at the Parc55 last month. Love it and will do it again.

I couldn't believe how many transportation options were available at that location with a great rate.