Has anyone used a Scorkl?

I second coevan. My wife and I are experienced scuba divers too and it is very easy for an inexperienced person to get themselves in quite a bit of trouble. Even new divers that have been properly trained easily get themselves in trouble just through inexperience. Even though the small size of the tank will usually keep you safe from getting the "bends", it will not prevent one from diving too deep and rupturing their sinus cavities if they don't know how to properly clear the pressure. And most people that normally snorkel tend to hold their breath when diving but may then breathe at depth with this scorkl creating a potentially dangerous expansion of their lungs. I would suggest trying Snuba first. You use diving equipment and weights but the tank is left on the surface of the water and only gives you enough airline to prevent you from going too deep, which prevents the issues I mentioned above. Not to mention, you will have a dive master with his/her own air tank there to assist. Free diving can be dangerous and this Scorkl tank in uneducated hands can be a very dangerous combination. I'm not trying to scare you or your DH but I've seen quite a few injuries and close calls from inexperienced divers over the years. Being properly educated and experienced, it looks like it could be fun. My only other question would be airline travel. You may have some issues transporting that even when empty. Not sure how the airlines would view those tanks.