A Canadian flying via Choice Air (Celebrity)

Just love 2 cruise

Which is what I've been saying all along. There are too many policies/procedures/rules/fees etc. across too many airlines to give a rundown of all of them to every customer who calls to book. And there is no way a phone rep can possibly know which ones MIGHT be relevant to a given customer.

Did the company tell the customer that policies/procedures/rules/fees etc. were far too complicated for it to deal with so it was all up to the customer to research and figure it all out? Ridiculous. When a company chooses to offer a product there is no excuse for not knowing what it is selling.

Did the company tell the customer that policies/procedures/rules/fees etc. were far too complicated for it to deal with so it was all up to the customer to research and figure it all out? Ridiculous. When a company chooses to offer a product there is no excuse for not knowing what it is selling.

I think Choice Air knows exactly what it was selling. A deeply discounted airline ticket to get a customer from one point to another with a number of restrictions. Choice Air is not selling baggage or seat selection beyond what ever limited allowance is in the base ticket.

The customer is going back to Air Canada and saying I want to also add on seat selection.

This would be the same thing as going into Walmart and buying a Samsung TV. Then the next day giving Samsung a call and saying, I purchased one of your TVs at Walmart. I would like an extra remote control or an extended warranty. What role would Walamart have in the add at that point? None.

I think Choice Air knows exactly what it was selling. A deeply discounted airline ticket to get a customer from one point to another with a number of restrictions. Choice Air is not selling baggage or seat selection beyond what ever limited allowance is in the base ticket....

Based on what I quoted, the product is far too complicated for Choice Air to know what it is selling.

I truly do not understand the penchant for excusing for profit operations from having any responsibility for informing customers of even basic facts.

I truly do not understand the penchant for excusing for profit operations from having any responsibility for informing customers of even basic facts.

I must assume that the company you work for thus spends the majority of its time detailing all of the little nuances of everything it offers in the marketplace.

Or, you work for the government and want to impose regulations requiring everyone to meet your view of "disclosure".

Your anti-business attitude makes me wonder how you manage to obtain the funds to take your cruises.

I must assume that the company you work for thus spends the majority of its time detailing all of the little nuances of everything it offers in the marketplace.

Or, you work for the government and want to impose regulations requiring everyone to meet your view of "disclosure".

Your anti-business attitude makes me wonder how you manage to obtain the funds to take your cruises.

Assumptions wrong on all counts.

I'm anti-business because I expect ethical behavior from businesses? Wow. Just wow!

Based on what I quoted, the product is far too complicated for Choice Air to know what it is selling.

Then the product is far to complicated for anyone to sell to a consumer. Lets take this Air Canada flight as an example.

With Air Canada, you can:

- Go online or call the airlines and by access to a Maple Leaf lounge on some but not all fares. If you want lounge access.

- You can add on the on-my-way insurance package that covers hotels and rerouting for anything including things that are not the fault of the airlines. Again an add-on.

- You can pre-buy buy-on board.

- You can buy seat selection, with some areas reserved for some areas that are superelete

- You can buy baggage for another bag, sports equipment, bike etc.

- Bunch of options for traveling with disabilities and an assortment of rules around not flying with certain conditions.

- If you are a person of size, the airline under Canadian law is expected to give you extra seat space at no charge.

- If traveling with small kids the airline is required to readjust the cabin to ensure you sit with your kids even if you don't pre-purchase.

- The list goes on and on and on......

IF you book directly with the airline they don't go into all the details either......

I have previously listed a tiny sampling of the many various things that a customer might want to know about, and I've added that these things vary from airline to airline. You keep insisting that it is up the company selling the ticket to cover all of this with the customer but you've yet to answer: When buying an airline ticket would you really prefer to spend a MINIMUM of 30-60 minutes listening the phone rep recite a seemingly never-ending littany of all these little details for all the airlines? And yes, they'd have to tell you about such policies for ALL airlines because imagine a customer buying a ticket and then finding out they had to pay for seat selection but that perhaps another airline doesn't charge for that? And got upset because "the Choice Air rep never told me that if I bought the ticket on airline X I wouldn't have to pay to choose my seat in advance?" That's just one example by the way. So tell me... do you really think it's reasonable to have to go through the extremely time-consuming process of telling every customer about every little thing whether they ask about it or not prior to selling them a ticket? I said 30 minutes but it reality it would take hours.

Yet you are unable to identify or even define what is a "basic fact" that requires disclosure and what is not, other than by "I personally would have liked to have known that in advance". Indeed, you couldn't even properly identify the OP's original complaint, which was not about being charged in a different currency but about being charged a different value for the same function (whatever currency it was being charged in).

Just about anything about air travel that might later turn around and bite you in the backside could theoretically fall within the "I personally would have liked to have known that in advance" description when looked at in retrospect. How long is the travel agent supposed to spend telling people in advance about all the different possible permutations of things that they might have to pay for?

You simply can't answer that question - or so it seems. It's easy to parrot "basic facts" without ever saying what falls within that phrase and what does not.