Included Wine Selection - Again

Our first and only cruise thus far, was the SeaDream and I found most of the included wines to be unacceptable to my palette so I'm just assuming I'll be in the same situation on the Seabourn, particularly if, as PP mentioned things like Santa Margherita are always one of the included offerings.

On our recent cruise on the odysses there were 31 included wines hopefully you can find something to your palette

IMO Seabourn's included list is no worse than some of the other 'luxury'lines; indeed better than some. Regent's was poorish, and the wine servers especially ignorant; and Seadream, from a few years go, had appalling included wines and a complete unwillingness to offer other than the chosen wines of the day. Maybe things have changed on these lines, , but in any case, none of them as far as I am aware offer anything much better than the sort of stuff that costs around, say, £5 to £9 a bottle in the UK - we actually like Oyster Bay and Villa Maria sauv. blancs, and they retail at about £9 a bottle here except when on offer.

I don't think I've seen Beringer White Zin on a wine list since my college days.

I think Disney and Regent offer a white zin. Other than that bars around college campuses where sororities are likely to congregate.

Yes the upsells and “oh that’s limited to TK” nonsense have been annoying. Nothing luxurious IMO about needing to be in a specific bar on a ship to enjoy a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a depressing list of bargain bin swill. If the Seabourn brass believe this constitutes "luxury", they are delusional.

The LAN Rioja is a decent wine. Not expensive in Spain but good quality.

Olivier Ravoir is a good wine maker so the Cote du Rhône is probably quite decent also.

I am not familiar with most of those whites but I would not be too despondent on the reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk