Silver Wind fails CDC inspection March 2018

Tarwood3

I am due to go on The Wind next week, my first Silversea cruise. Should I be worried? Does anyone know what is being done to correct the issues?

I think there is little or no cause for worry. I assume that the shortcomings were identified to the crew during the inspection, were in nearly every case easily remedied, and were probably remedied the day of the inspection.

I am due to go on The Wind next week, my first Silversea cruise. Should I be worried? Does anyone know what is being done to correct the issues?

Hi Merly,

I was on the Wind during the week leading up to the inspection, and my experience was very positive. The dining and buffet areas looked spotless, and I don't particularly care about the raw food warnings.

That said, I tended to drink San Pellegrino rather than tap water. I had requested it of the butler, so it was always well stocked in my room. One morning at breakfast in a nearly deserted MDR, there was a very heated conversation going on amongst some of the staff, and some of us also noticed some anger issues amongst staff in the Grill area one late afternoon. In retrospect, those conversations may have had something to do with the upcoming inspection and a lapse in their cleaning routines.

If there were problems on my voyage (and apparently there were), I did not notice them, and I did not hear of anyone getting sick. I agree with others that some of the inspection items are rather picky, while at the same time I agree with those who say that even the picky things are important as an overall indicator.

In short, I tend to think that you'll be fine ... and that you might want to stick to beverages you trust.

Edited by Unibok
clarity

The cruise line has shown they have a history of lying, hiding things from inspection, and not fixing what has been found wrong. The same problems on more than one inspection.

The last inspection they found many unsanitary conditions leading to violations. Several repeated problems with the ship's potable water treatment, noted repeated so they are not fixing what is wrong. Also a large number of flies (two dozen +) in the food preparation and dish washing areas which has been reported to be a record number for these inspections. The report is many pages so this is only a few problems.

Should you be concerned, yes always, should you cancel your cruise, no enjoy your trip but protect yourself and your family.

Well, I am now on The Wind and very pleased to say I have not noticed any issues. Suite lovely, food great, service excellent. I know some people have said the ship looks a bit tired but I don’t see any evidence. Looking forward to a great cruise.

Well, I am now on The Wind and very pleased to say I have not noticed any issues. Suite lovely, food great, service excellent. I know some people have said the ship looks a bit tired but I don’t see any evidence. Looking forward to a great cruise.

So glad to hear it, Merly. Thank you for reporting back. The Wind is such a lovely ship, and to me she sparkles. Enjoy!