Metal Cabin Doors on NCL

ClineWine

Hi There ,

Does anyone know if the NCL Star has Metal Cabin Doors. We will be traveling on the Star in December with my family and if they do have metal cabin doors I would like to get custom made magnets for our doors.

thank you for your help with this.

cindi :D

Amazon has a big assortment of magnetic hooks if that's what you're looking for. Just sent for some to use in our cabin to hang clothing, etc. Each hook holds up to 40 pounds.

Hi There ,

Does anyone know if the NCL Star has Metal Cabin Doors. We will be traveling on the Star in December with my family and if they do have metal cabin doors I would like to get custom made magnets for our doors.

thank you for your help with this.

cindi :D

Cindi... a buddy of mine did something similar... he brought on a small can of black chalk board paint and on the first night after the breakfast cards were removed he painted the outside of his stateroom door... by morning it was dry and he packed chalk and wrote happy birthday Meghan on the door... his girlfriend said it was the cutest thing he had ever thought to do for her!!! The room steward would even leave us funny notes... albeit the same note... he must have wanted us to be very sanitary while on board cause he kept writing ‘washy washy’ on the chalk board...now that I think of it.. maybe he meant for us to wash it off !!! Either way we still laugh about it... now anytime we walk by someone’s cabin door that is covered in black chalk board paint we look at each other and say ... washy washy.. good times for sure

Hi Takeadip,

That sounds really cool. Maybe I can go to a craft store and get a couple of the chalk boards

Thank you

Cindi

Some of the chalk boards actually have magnetic strips on the reverse side... that way you can re use it on other cruises... enjoy ur cruise!!!

So did you remove the painted-on chalk board before you left the ship? Or did you just walk off and leave the mess for someone else to have to clean up?

If so, how can you be so proud and pleased with yourself?

Cindi... a buddy of mine did something similar... he brought on a small can of black chalk board paint and on the first night after the breakfast cards were removed he painted the outside of his stateroom door... by morning it was dry and he packed chalk and wrote happy birthday Meghan on the door... his girlfriend said it was the cutest thing he had ever thought to do for her!!! The room steward would even leave us funny notes... albeit the same note... he must have wanted us to be very sanitary while on board cause he kept writing ‘washy washy’ on the chalk board...now that I think of it.. maybe he meant for us to wash it off !!! Either way we still laugh about it... now anytime we walk by someone’s cabin door that is covered in black chalk board paint we look at each other and say ... washy washy.. good times for sure

So you are saying your buddy physically painted the door with chalk paint? That is defacing and damaging the ship. He should have been kicked off.

So did you remove the painted-on chalk board before you left the ship? Or did you just walk off and leave the mess for someone else to have to clean up?

If so, how can you be so proud and pleased with yourself?

So you are saying your buddy physically painted the door with chalk paint? That is defacing and damaging the ship. He should have been kicked off.

I wondered the same thing... are you kidding? your friend painted the door? What the he-double-hockey-sticks were they thinking ...? you're kidding right, takeadip?

I'd be expecting a pretty hefty bill from NCL for doing that and it would be considered defacing/damaging their vessel. Wow, just wow. :eek:

HOpe they had a really fab cruise.

I wondered the same thing... are you kidding? your friend painted the door? What the he-double-hockey-sticks were they thinking ...? you're kidding right, takeadip?

I'd be expecting a pretty hefty bill from NCL for doing that and it would be considered defacing/damaging their vessel. Wow, just wow. :eek:

HOpe they had a really fab cruise.

LMAO!!! yes it was a joke...i was having a great day and was in a funny sort of mood and posted it to see if anyone really reads the posts "or just merely skims for what they are looking for...obviously this board is read...and sometimes re-read!! LOL he actually only brought on a magnetic chalk board and put it on outside of door to announce her birthday...funny thing is....someone (late at night) actually moved the magnetic sign to the room across the hall one night...maybe as a joke..

thanks for sharing in the laugh....could you imagine if someone actually brought paint and a brush on board???

Best,

Mark

LMAO!!! yes it was a joke...i was having a great day and was in a funny sort of mood and posted it to see if anyone really reads the posts "or just merely skims for what they are looking for...obviously this board is read...and sometimes re-read!! LOL he actually only brought on a magnetic chalk board and put it on outside of door to announce her birthday...funny thing is....someone (late at night) actually moved the magnetic sign to the room across the hall one night...maybe as a joke..

thanks for sharing in the laugh....could you imagine if someone actually brought paint and a brush on board???

Best,

Mark

You had a lot of people going, including myself. I can't imagine someone doing that, well I guess there are people stupid enough, and NCL not immediately kicking him off and charging him for the repairs.