If you had to pick three grossest foods...

schmoopie17

Of all the foods or extras served on a cruise, are there things that gross you out? Mine would be:

Mushrooms: C'mon, they're fungus. I'm a fun guy but I don't eat fungi. It takes me a long time to pick the mushrooms out of food or off of pizza.

Tomatoes: I love tomato sauce, ketchup, etc., but a raw tomato looks like it's full of snot. And chunks of tomatoes in spaghetti or chili look like blood clots.

Eggs (any style). First of all, think about where eggs come from. And the yellow, runny yolk also looks like snot (I sense a theme here). Plus, they taste nasty. I'll never understand how anyone can eat an egg without vomiting it right up. Don't get me started on eggs benedict.

There's my list (and trust me, I have a lot more than three)...:p

Edited by schmoopie17

Of all the foods or extras served on a cruise, are there things that gross you out? Mine would be:

Mushrooms: C'mon, they're fungus. I'm a fun guy but I don't eat fungi. It takes me a long time to pick the mushrooms out of food or off of pizza.

Tomatoes: I love tomato sauce, ketchup, etc., but a raw tomato looks like it's full of snot. And chunks of tomatoes in spaghetti or chili look like blood clots.

Eggs (any style). First of all, think about where eggs come from. And the yellow, runny yolk also looks like snot (I sense a theme here). Plus, they taste nasty. I'll never understand how anyone can eat an egg without vomiting it right up. Don't get me started on eggs benedict.

There's my list (and trust me, I have a lot more than three)...:p

The only thing I ever couldn't eat was crickets, which are quite commonly eaten in many Asian countries.

Since they don't serve them on cruise ships, I have to say there is absolutely nothing I find gross or inedible....

And mushrooms? They haven't invented a way to prepare mushrooms that I don't absolutely LOVE.

You remind me of my biz partner... I always kid him that some people talk about the 4 food groups they eat... with him, it's the 4 foods. :D

• Haha 1

Veal -- I tried it on the last cruise and it made me sick. Not sure whether it was just cooked incorrectly or I don't like it.

Mushrooms -- I also hate mushrooms! There are a few things I'd like to try, but don't want to fuss with picking mushrooms out.

Unsweet tea -- Yuck.

geez, picky eaters here. For us, about the only thing we do not like are certain organ meats such as sweetbreads. Regarding one of the other posts we have eaten crickets and they were kind of tasteless with a nice crunch.

Hank

I'm with the OP on the mushroom and tomato thing, gross.

Anything that comes from the sea in a shell, gross.

Everything else, no problem at all. (including Haggis, black pudding, snails, horse, snake, kangaroo, croc, sweetbreads, liver, kidney, heart)

Anything that comes from the sea in a shell, gross.

How could I forget oysters???? I'd like to meet the first guy to ever eat an oyster. He probably said,, "Oh look at that puddle of slime inside that shell. That sure looks tasty..." :eek:

Let's see.....three things....that would be.....(no, I like that)......maybe (nah, that's good too).

Sorry can't come up with one thing:rolleyes:

Some of the best anywhere food that I've had on a cruise ship includes beef liver and lamb chops.

Charlie

I am not a picky eater, but DH is, although he is getting MUCH better.

I don't like the lobster bisque served on RCCL. It tasted like salty tomato water.

I won't eat anything with raw onions in it, and even cooked ones make me a little squeamish (although I love the onion flavor, and French onion soup, I know weird right?).

Finally, the NY Strip on RCCL was like eating shoe rubber. NOT Good, especially after having eaten in Chops the night before.

I love snotty, dark yellow runny eggs from our chickens because they scratch in the cow manure all day and pick the pieces of grain out of it.

I hate avacadoes , slimy like baby excrement, cooked spinach, and most olives except the fresh ones stuffed in Italy. I'd be glad to eat them in front of the first poster , forgot his handle.

Okay, three things I don't eat:

--Terrine dishes of any kind. Jelled nastiness!

--Anything with organs -- kidneys, brains...,

--Beef Willington -- British nightmare on Baker Street!:p

Of course I do like buttermilk and cottage cheese, so everyone has their Haggis!

Kel:)

most olives except the fresh ones stuffed in Italy. I'd be glad to eat them in front of the first poster , forgot his handle.

You forgot my handle? Must not be a Seinfeld fan...;)

You're right, olives are also nasty. Like eating an eyeball. (Grapes, too...even though they taste good, biting into one is probably the exact same sensation as biting into an eyeball.) On the old show "Fear factor" they used to eat cow eyeballs and the eyeball fluid would come gushing out. That pretty much sums up grapes for me. :eek:

Sounds like a texture thing, not a taste thing....

What I have not liked on Carnival is the Avacado Soup, the second time I had the pumpkin soup(it was pretty bad) and that Baked Alaska they serve on Carnival is a terrible excuse for Baked Alaska. Other than that, I have enjoyed everything I have tried on Carnival.:)

It's pretty easy for me to list my food dislikes. I would say, any type of insects and that's about it. There's a few foods that I'm not a big fan of, but if I'm hungry enough or if I put enough hot sauce on it I can eat it. I come from a family tree that was poor and raised in the south in the 30's, 40's and 50's. So there's not many parts of chickens, cows or pigs that they didn't eat. Add to that the fact that all of the women if the family were good cooks and we all loved to eat. I'll always remember my mother's favorite phrase when she would see me turn my nose up at some new dish she was cooking. She would always say, "try it, you might like it". And she was right.

You forgot my handle? Must not be a Seinfeld fan...;)

You're right, olives are also nasty. Like eating an eyeball. (Grapes, too...even though they taste good, biting into one is probably the exact same sensation as biting into an eyeball.) On the old show "Fear factor" they used to eat cow eyeballs and the eyeball fluid would come gushing out. That pretty much sums up grapes for me. :eek:

You have some serious food issues! You would starve at our family dinners.

• Like 2

I'll always remember my mother's favorite phrase when she would see me turn my nose up at some new dish she was cooking. She would always say, "try it, you might like it". And she was right.

My mom used to say the same thing. Trouble is, I almost never liked it.

• Like 1

While I have been cruising Carnival for the last 10 years, I must say that I love their food, especially in the main dining room. the only thing I have heard very negative reports about was the diet pumpkin pie. So, I was planning to order it on my most recent cruise just to see how bad it was, but I just couldnt do it! Too many other appealing options on the menu, and I do trust the vast amount of opinions on the cruise critics website.:)

Edited by sparky8