you will lots of D's around,

most always a Dear ________something or other -

BF (Boyfriend) MIL Mother in law

BTW by the way

DD dear daugther etc. I've seen so many I try not to rattle my brain,

but

TL, ('till later......)

N.

There must be lots out there I haven't even seen.

• Like 1

I've done well sooo far with the DH etc just by wracking my brain. I even figured out IMHO - in my honest oppinion but boy am I stuck on LOL.

Any Einsteins out there that can help out with this one.

TIA , I'm getting better at this

Regards happycruzer

Thank you CRUZFOOLS I would never have got that in a thousand years,

I did have a guess at:- lots of love& lots of laughs but it didn't always fit, Thank you I can now Tell my DH,DD &DS IMHO BTW I know what LOL stands for. LOL

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After spending a good many years in the Navy, where tradition and necessity have created a unique language, it was easy to understand the need for internet jargon. A wordy writer takes too long to get the point across in chat rooms and messages. The initialisms evolved when messages included text only, before the handy little smilies came along. :rolleyes:

PPL KISS <G> = People keep it simple, silly (or stupid) "Grin"

There's a fairly brief, but useful list of common terms at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang.

HTH, GL - J

I was under the impression the "D" was for "Damn", except in the presence of the individual, when it became "Dear". Could use Dratted, Dumb, Dastardly, Delicious, Devine, Dagnabbed, Dizzy, or about any other D-word, I guess.

What are the choices?

DH - Husband

DW - Wife

DD - Daughter

DS - Son

DMIL/DFIL - In-laws

DGM/DGF - Grandparents

DGD/DGS - Grandkids

DT - Delirium Tremens

DA - Duck's Ass

DWD - Diddy-Wah-Diddy

The list goes on...

I've been wondering what TP stands for...:confused:

According to the Internet Slang site in J's posting above, here is the definition. Which I am sure is not what's being referred to here on this board.

TP — "Town Portal", in Diablo and Diablo II, a magical scroll for getting back into town i.e. safety. Pronounced "teepee", and may occur as a verb ("hey, TP me!")

I think this refers to an AD&D Role playing game.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the context in which you've seen TP? Most of the abbrevs are fairly intuitive. Like LMAO, which I was when I realized I wasn't the only one who actually tried to decipher the short acronyms left behind by those older and younger than myself.

Hey.. im singitaltos 13 year old daughter, Juliana. I was on here and i found this topic... and i felt the urge to sign up and post! Well, basicly cause i rock at decifering shorthand. Here are a few...

lol - laughing out loud

rofl - rolling on the floor laughing

roflol - rolling on the floor laughing out loud

lmbo - laughing my butt off

g2g(or gtg) - got to go

brb - be right back

bbl - be back later

ttfn - ta-ta for now(most know this from tigger lol :) )

ttyl - talk to you later

I know more.. just too tired to list more lol

• 2 weeks later...
Weel I understood most of initals....what I don't understand is how you get the smiley faces to appear in your message. I can only get them to appear in the title. Please help

OceanDreams

To the right of where you are posting is the "smilies". Just click on one of them at the point you wish to add it :D and voila - there it is!

To the right of where you are posting is the "smilies". Just click on one of them at the point you wish to add it :D and voila - there it is!

Thanks Vic for the help.....but it still isn't working. I can get the "smiles" to work in the "Title" area but not in the message area. My smiles are down at the bottom of the "Reply to Thread" and under that area is the "additional Options. I do not have a check mark in the "Disable smiles in Text" I have tried the click and drag, the copy and paste. Is there something in the "set up" mode that I need to change?

OceanDreams

Thanks Vic for the help.....but it still isn't working. I can get the "smiles" to work in the "Title" area but not in the message area. My smiles are down at the bottom of the "Reply to Thread" and under that area is the "additional Options. I do not have a check mark in the "Disable smiles in Text" I have tried the click and drag, the copy and paste. Is there something in the "set up" mode that I need to change?

OceanDreams

What about your options? Before you hit reply at the very bottom of the screen there are some posting rules - make sure the smilies are ON.

Good luck!