Melia Nassau Day Pass?

nu2crusin

Has anybody done a day pass at Melia Nassau Beach Resort? We did it last October when it was the Sheraton. I don't see info on their website (but did email them). First hand info or alternate suggestions for day pass would be appreciated!

The day passes for adults is $30.00 per person and children under 12 years old $22.50 per child.

Day pass with lunch at O’ Grill by the poolside $50.00 for adults and child 25% off the $50.00

Market Grill our buffet restaurant $75.00 per adult and children 25% off the $75.00.

Day passes with the all- inclusive

Day Pass - 9:00am - 5:00pm

$115.00 per person

Just got this in an email from Melia today (July 8, 2014)

Hi, we just returned from our bahamas cruise this week. We did the $30 day pass at Melia and I HIGHLY recommend it! It was great!

Once we arrived in Nassau, we went to the visitors desk inside the building you go through there at the port and asked the lady there about it (just to be sure it was legit).

She instructed us to take the #10 bus and tell them to take us to Melia, so that's what we did. Only $1.25 pp fare. When they drop you off in front of the hotel, just go in to the front desk and tell them you want a day pass and they'll give you a pink arm band.

We didn't feel the need to do the all inclusive one because we ate a big breakfast before getting off the boat, and we knew we'd probably leave by 2pm so we could do a little shopping before getting back on the boat. There's a pool bar and also a starbucks inside the hotel, so we just got a couple of waters while we were there and took a few snacks and didn't need to eat at their restaurant.

It's a beautiful beach, chairs available, great pools, beach volleyball available, basketball court - my 17 yr old found a group of guys to play with. Also includes snorkeling, paddle boarding, use of kayaks, etc.

I would definitely go back and do it again. Great use of our money!

Edited by cranshan0702

She instructed us to take the #10 bus and tell them to take us to Melia, so that's what we did.

!

Where did you get the bus to go to Melia? Is the return bus right outside the hotel?

Where did you get the bus to go to Melia? Is the return bus right outside the hotel?

Thanks for the follow up info everyone! NJ Bill - for the #10 Jitney to Melia:

To get to the jitney stop, when you come out of the port gate (avoid the gauntlet of port taxi's, buses), go straight ahead 1 block to Bay Street. Make a right and walk approx. 3 short blocks of shops, etc (just past the new straw market). George Street is on the left. Board a bus with "10" on it on the corner of Bay and George. This is the Bus depot / start point. There will be plenty of people around to show you the way. You may have to wait a few minutes until enough get on to go. It will makes stops along the way and pick up locals on their way to work - they will all say good morning and greet as they enter, its a nice experience. For the hotel you cross the street and up the drive.

For the Return: There is a marked bus stop on the corner opposite where your were dropped off. Last year we left about 5p not thinking it would be rush hour. A bus pulled up but looked quite full. I peeked my head in and said "oh full". With that, a rosta looking gentlemen sitting in a double seat alone, stood up and said "no mon, we make room" and went to the back of the bus and squeezed in there, leaving the double seat for my wife and I. We were the only tourists on that bus, and it was a very positive experience for us that I share often. Drop off is back at the bus depot.

$1.25 a head each way - have singles ready and pay $2 each on your way out and don't deal with change or large bills - easy.

I recall, reading to NOT take the 10a which is an express / alternate that goes through not so nice areas.

Thanks for the follow up info everyone! NJ Bill - for the #10 Jitney to Melia:

To get to the jitney stop, when you come out of the port gate (avoid the gauntlet of port taxi's, buses), go straight ahead 1 block to Bay Street. Make a right and walk approx. 3 short blocks of shops, etc (just past the new straw market). George Street is on the left. Board a bus with "10" on it on the corner of Bay and George. This is the Bus depot / start point. There will be plenty of people around to show you the way. You may have to wait a few minutes until enough get on to go. It will makes stops along the way and pick up locals on their way to work - they will all say good morning and greet as they enter, its a nice experience. For the hotel you cross the street and up the drive.

For the Return: There is a marked bus stop on the corner opposite where your were dropped off. Last year we left about 5p not thinking it would be rush hour. A bus pulled up but looked quite full. I peeked my head in and said "oh full". With that, a rosta looking gentlemen sitting in a double seat alone, stood up and said "no mon, we make room" and went to the back of the bus and squeezed in there, leaving the double seat for my wife and I. We were the only tourists on that bus, and it was a very positive experience for us that I share often. Drop off is back at the bus depot.

$1.25 a head each way - have singles ready and pay $2 each on your way out and don't deal with change or large bills - easy.

I recall, reading to NOT take the 10a which is an express / alternate that goes through not so nice areas.

Thank you

The day passes for adults is $30.00 per person and children under 12 years old $22.50 per child.

Day pass with lunch at O’ Grill by the poolside $50.00 for adults and child 25% off the $50.00

Market Grill our buffet restaurant $75.00 per adult and children 25% off the $75.00.

Day passes with the all- inclusive

Day Pass - 9:00am - 5:00pm

$115.00 per person

Just got this in an email from Melia today (July 8, 2014)

We are debating about doing the Melia day pass. Our children are over 12 so for a family of five it will cost us about $162 if we take the jitney. I just can't decide if the pools and beach are worth that?

We are debating about doing the Melia day pass. Our children are over 12 so for a family of five it will cost us about $162 if we take the jitney. I just can't decide if the pools and beach are worth that?

We have 5 also and in the same boat... our plan is eat a big breakfast and pack a few snacks to hold us over and go with the non-lunch rate and eat when we get back on the ship. We may also get a day pass at the Wyndam which is next to Melia and share Melia's pools for only $20pp.

I've been to Nassau several times and was looking for something different to do. It's 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). I think we will go for a few hours at Melia. Directions seem easy enough based on previous posts. Thanks folks. I know exactly where to catch the bus. Not too far from the duty free shop we always visit when in Nassau.

I'll report back after the trip!

I did this in April with my son. We went to the resort next to it (Sheratin?). and they share facilities. We spent the whole time at Melia. It was a great day, and I was even able to use their wifi for an unexpected skype session with my husband at home. We ate at the outdoor restaurant, which was decent food for slightly overpriced,but they did not charge me an entry fee for my son, so it was ok.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wow. Does anyone have a clue as to whether moderate eating and drinking could rack up an $85 pp bill if one chose the non-inclusive rate? The difference seems extreme, if all that is included in the "all-inclusive" price is eating and drinking!

If you are drinking booze, it may be possible. I think I remember my bill with tip being $40-$45. I had chicken quesadilla and my son had chicken fingers and fries. We drink water.

If you are drinking booze, it may be possible. I think I remember my bill with tip being $40-$45. I had chicken quesadilla and my son had chicken fingers and fries. We drink water.

Wow. Still, that's only $20+ per person -- nowhere near $85. Was food/drink the only thing that was not included for the $30? Were all other aspects of the resort (whatever those are) available to those who paid the $30?

We love Nassau and have wanted to do a beach day ever since Carnival cancelled :( the excursion to Sandals that we had hoped to do in 2011. Of course, Sandals is an AI, and I do not think they offer a non-AI option. So I have been doing some investigating of what else is available, and what folks recommend, for the next time we are there.

I'm at the Melia now. We did the $50 pass that included use of the beach, pools, umbrella, chairs, lunch, and 2 drinks. They also had an upgraded package that was $75 that includes Buffett lunch but we were fine with grill lunch. If you want the AI option, to use everything and all u can drink it was $110.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just an update. We are at the grill now at Melia. DO NOT spend the extra $20 to add lunch. Nothing on the menu is $20. Most things are around $10. The most expensive was a burger for $19. I even told the waiter we spent $20 so I wanted to get the chicken fingers ($10) and nachos ($10) but he said one meal only. So we went with the burger for $19. Save your $20 and just order from menu.

Just an update. We are at the grill now at Melia. DO NOT spend the extra $20 to add lunch. Nothing on the menu is $20. Most things are around $10. The most expensive was a burger for $19. I even told the waiter we spent $20 so I wanted to get the chicken fingers ($10) and nachos ($10) but he said one meal only. So we went with the burger for $19. Save your $20 and just order from menu.

Yes, thanks for the update. We will be there next week. Do you think the $30 per person for the beach/pools is worth it? We have three teenagers.

I'm at the Melia now. We did the $50 pass that included use of the beach, pools, umbrella, chairs, lunch, and 2 drinks. They also had an upgraded package that was $75 that includes Buffett lunch but we were fine with grill lunch. If you want the AI option, to use everything and all u can drink it was $110.

Besides food and drink, is there anything that you get to take advantage of by paying the $110 that you would not have access to by paying the $30?

Yes, thanks for the update. We will be there next week. Do you think the $30 per person for the beach/pools is worth it? We have three teenagers.

It was worth it to us. The beach was gorgeous. It wasn't crowded. We didnt use pools but there were several pools and a swim up bar. There is a free beach in Nassau near the ship but most people I talked to didnt recommend. I guess it depends on if you want to skip the crowds and relax. It was an easy trip and we enjoyed our time there. We took the local bus to Melia. We paid $1.25 each way.