Disembarkation NYC, Global Entry

Jack E Dawson

Is Global Entry available in NYC when clearing U.S. customs?

We will be doing an east to west crossing on the QM2 next year.

Thanks

If you are referring to Manhattan or Brooklyn cruise terminals. No, however Homeland security do have a few USA only lines, but these are also used by those in Transit returning same ship. I do not know if Homeland security use your card details once there or not.

Edited by Pennbank

No (dammit). No kiosks. I also didn't see an express line where we could flash the CBP sticker for expedited queueing.

Also. I was surprised by the 60 minute line this past May. In the past (even pre-Global Entry or equivalent) - customs and immigration was basically a fast moving pass-through with minimal delay. That was not the case at Red Hook in May 2016.

Edited by MarkBearSF

No (dammit). No kiosks. I also didn't see an express line where we could flash the CBP sticker for expedited queueing.

Also. I was surprised by the 60 minute line this past May. In the past (even pre-Global Entry or equivalent) - customs and immigration was basically a fast moving pass-through with minimal delay. That was not the case at Red Hook in May 2016.

Tell me about it,

Edited by Pennbank

Since getting Global Entry, we haven't disembarked at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, but have at nearby Bayonne. There were no kiosks to read your Global Entry encoded passports, but if you had your Global Entry Card, you could go on a fast line. We didn't have the card with us as we thought it was just for entering the USA by foot or car. But, we were advised that the Global Entry Card is accepted at cruise ports by U.S. Immigration.

Edited by emileg

• 1 year later...

Even if Global Entry kiosks were available how many QM2 US passengers would not have a card. I would bet 70-80% of Cunard traveler have paid for the expedited entry cards. We have noticed the expedited TSA lines are much longer than the unexpedited lines. At least there is the benefit of leaving shoes on and plastic bags remain in the cases.