Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:26 PM.
#1
6 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
😨😨😨😨😖😖😖😔😔😔

CAUTION!!!! PREPAID PACKAGE NOT HONORED. I purchased 2 cruises through Groupon which included a drink package.

When I boarded on March 7 the cruise staff refused to issue the drink tickets and would only refer me to the cruise line 800 number. When you call there is a 30 to 45 minute wait, then they connect you to a full voice mail account which then hangs up on you.

Even though we paid in full in advance, on boarding we were presented a bill for an additional $139 for the cruise proper. So BUYER BEWARE. Guess I will be posting a bad review for them on many travel sites. Shame on you Bahana Paradise Cruise line! Honour the packages you sell and don't hang up on customers that wait nearly an hour to talk to customer service. Also, empower your on ship customer service staff to solve problems ...not just hand you a phone and tell you to wait in hold for an hour.

I presented copies of my receipts showing cruise and all taxes, and drink package paid in full, but they just ignored the receipts and said they could do nothing.

I am posting this while still on the cruise. If there customer service us paying attention, they should make sure this is fixed while we are on board, or ad a travel writer their review will not be good.

So be very careful! Caveat Emtor...buyer beware!!!!

Dr. BJD.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app
#2
In the kamloops in the dry and hottest part of BC
12,641 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Originally posted by bdilley
😨😨😨😨😖😖😖😔😔😔

CAUTION!!!! PREPAID PACKAGE NOT HONORED. I purchased 2 cruises through Groupon which included a drink package.

When I boarded on March 7 the cruise staff refused to issue the drink tickets and would only refer me to the cruise line 800 number. When you call there is a 30 to 45 minute wait, then they connect you to a full voice mail account which then hangs up on you.

Even though we paid in full in advance, on boarding we were presented a bill for an additional $139 for the cruise proper. So BUYER BEWARE. Guess I will be posting a bad review for them on many travel sites. Shame on you Bahana Paradise Cruise line! Honour the packages you sell and don't hang up on customers that wait nearly an hour to talk to customer service. Also, empower your on ship customer service staff to solve problems ...not just hand you a phone and tell you to wait in hold for an hour.

I presented copies of my receipts showing cruise and all taxes, and drink package paid in full, but they just ignored the receipts and said they could do nothing.

I am posting this while still on the cruise. If there customer service us paying attention, they should make sure this is fixed while we are on board, or ad a travel writer their review will not be good.

So be very careful! Caveat Emtor...buyer beware!!!!

Dr. BJD.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app
I would actually blame groupon for the problrm not the cruise ;ine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Princess 23 cruises
RCI 2 cruises
Celebrity 1 cruise
HAL 10 cruises

Future
Princess 3 cruises 2018 , 2019(x5)
Celebrity 1 cruise 2020
#3
West Palm Beach, FL
314 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
You purchased the cruise through a third party. They are the ones responsible. As I said in my previous note, I have NEVER been able to purchase a drink package until just before I boarded the ship at the cruise terminal. You have been taken and it was not by the cruise line. I’ve never used Groupon so I don’t know how reputable they are.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
06-14-2011 Bahamas Celebration
06-11-2013 Bahamas Celebration
#4
793 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
I would be very cautious with this cruise line. There are numerous bad reviews on multiple websites. It seems that many 3rd parties sell cruises on this line and fail to inform the buyer of all of the details. The line seems to be legit, but pushes up sells hard. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. There are very inexpensive cruises offered on more highly reviewed lines.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 - Jewel of the Seas - Barbados / Dominica / Grenada / St Maarten / St Thomas
2018 - HAL Rotterdam - Key West / Roatan / Santo Tomas de Castillo / Costa Maya
2017 - Radiance of the Seas - Alaskan Cruise - Vancouver to Seward - Ketchikan / Sitka / Haines / Juneau / Skagway / Hubbard Glacier
2016 - Carnival Splendor - Roatan / Belize / Costa Maya / Cozumel / Grand Cayman
2016 - Carnival Valor - Nassau / Amber Cove / Grand Turk
2015 - Explorer of the Seas - Cocoa Cay / Cozumel
2014 - Jewel of the Seas - Southern Caribbean
2013 - Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean
2010 - Carnival Breeze - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - Norwegian - Exotic Western Caribbean
2007 - Princess - Alaskan Cruise
1995 - SeaBreeze - Eastern Caribbean
1992 - Mardi Gras - Bahamas
1991 - Fesitvale - Bahamas
1991 - MS Caribe 1 - Eastern Caribbean
1988 - Starship Oceanic - Bahamas
#5
580 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Next time buy the drink package through the cruise line itself. Your anger should be directed at Groupon, not the cruise-line.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
#6
6 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by yankees111
Next time buy the drink package through the cruise line itself. Your anger should be directed at Groupon, not the cruise-line.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
When the cruise line customer service refers you ONLY to their 800 number, where you wait for over 30 minutes on hold, only to be connected to a full voice mail box and the call terminates...the cruise line also is responsible.

Also, Groupon deferred to BPC.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app
#7
6 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by JT1962
I would be very cautious with this cruise line. There are numerous bad reviews on multiple websites. It seems that many 3rd parties sell cruises on this line and fail to inform the buyer of all of the details. The line seems to be legit, but pushes up sells hard. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. There are very inexpensive cruises offered on more highly reviewed lines.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Any recommendations on those other lines that are also doing affordable or discount fares?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app
#8
6 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by yankees111
Next time buy the drink package through the cruise line itself. Your anger should be directed at Groupon, not the cruise-line.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Thank you for the tip. I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app
#10
The South
1,262 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I looked at the groupon information on this cruise and it clearly states taxes, port fees, tips, and fuel chargers are extra. $139 was a bargin because I read the fine print it is over $200.00 extra.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Star Princess (Love Boat, 2004) Fantasy 2007 (New Orleans), Carnival Elation 2010 (Mobile), Carnival Ecstasy 2011 (Galveston), Carnival Ecstasy 2011 (Port Canaveral), Oosterdam 2012 (Alaska), Carnival Ecstasy 2012 (Port Canaveral), Carnival Ecstasy 2013 (Port Canaveral, Spring Break, one last time), Carnival Elation Summer 2013, Carnival Elation,Summer 2014, Carnival Elation,Thanksgiving 2015, Grand Celebration October 2016, Carnival Fantasy ,Thanksgiving 2016 (Mobile) , Carnival Fantasy October 2017 (Mobile), Carnival Dream June 2018 (New Orleans) and Carnival Fantasy June 2019 (Mobile.)
#11
4 hours and 38 minutes from the closest cruise terminal
11,215 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Groupon is legit and very reputable (I’ve purchase from them several times with no issues myself). When you purchase the package through them, you’re then directed to finalize your travel plans by calling BPC directly, so this is not like when you book through a 3rd party/timeshare agency.

With that said, I’m wondering if the OP read the fine print before they purchased the package. It does state that port charges and fees are extra.

So I think that this is a combination of not reading the fine print and an understaffed/improperly trained customer service at BPC.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

TAPI
SAILED:
1981 Cunard Princess / 1982 Cunard Countess / 1984 The Victoria / 1991 Carla Costa / 1993 Monarch of the Seas / 1994 Tropicale / 1996 Royal Majesty / 1998 Viking Serenade / 1999 Dolphin IV / 2000 OceanBreeze / 2000 Carnival Destiny / 2003 Carnival Fascination / 2004 Empress of the Seas / 2005 Carnival Fascination / 2005 Carnival Liberty / 2006 Carnival Imagination / 2006 Carnival Fascination / 2007 Carnival Sensation / 2007 Holiday / 2008 Carnival Liberty / 2009 Carnival Imagination / 2010 Carnival Fascination / 2011 Allure of the Seas / 2011 Carnival Dream / 2013 Westerdam / 2014 Enchantment of the Seas / 2014 Golden Princess / 2016 MSC Divina / 2017 Disney Fantasy


NEXT:
2018 EMPRESS OF THE SEAS - Cuba / 2018 MSC MERAVIGLIA - Mediterranean / 2019 CARNIVAL FANTASY - Western Caribbean / 2019 REGAL PRINCESS - Atlantic Canadian Provinces / 2020 CARNIVAL PANORAMA - Mexican Riviera


#12
551 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
I have not used Groupon but I have "won" the free cruise. Even then I had to pay port fees, gratuities taxes etc. I was not upset because I read the fine print and expected this. I knew it before I decided to book the cruise. They even can add a fuel surcharge if they want. It's in the fine print. So if they do it I can't complain. The beverage package I'm not sure about in this case.

So yes buyer beware. Beware by reading everything and making an informed decision.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grand Celebration
Bahamas Celebration
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration