Celestyal Crystal Are the cabins really that small

TNCruzer56

Yes, the cabins are smaller than the average size nowadays. The ship is older. And our cabin was 12 sqm. Anyway I thought it was totally o.k.. We had cabins with 11 sqm on the Majesty of the Seas (with 3 people).

Check here for photos.

steamboats

Yes, the cabins are smaller than the average size nowadays. The ship is older. And our cabin was 12 sqm. Anyway I thought it was totally o.k.. We had cabins with 11 sqm on the Majesty of the Seas (with 3 people).

Check here for photos.

steamboats

Thank you for your reply! I wish I read German to enjoy your review!

• Like 1

I did and it worked-Thanks!

-

Another question: In one of your pics I saw a laundry bag. Do they have a "fill the bag and for X Euros they will wash and fold?

We are non-revs and travel with 22 inch bags-This is a biggie.

Also, I noticed that the cabin we are looking at on deck 3 does not have a sofa. Is that a big deal?

Thank you so much!!!

Hi Ric,

Yes, they did offer a wash & fold laundry bag (see here). Wash&fold was 22.95 USD and Wash&press&fold was 27.95 USD. Of course the prices in the Med can be different (and in Euro).

Sorry, can´t tell you anything about other cabins.

steamboats

• 1 month later...

Ric, when is your Aegean trip? We are going for 7 days on Celestyal Crystal, leaving Athens July 2, 2018. We are not familiar with the cruise line and don't know much (yet) about the places we will visit. You seem to be an experienced cruiser. Perhaps we could compare notes. Is there another thread about Celestyal and/or cruises in Greece on CC?

Marie

• 1 month later...
Ric, when is your Aegean trip? We are going for 7 days on Celestyal Crystal, leaving Athens July 2, 2018. We are not familiar with the cruise line and don't know much (yet) about the places we will visit. You seem to be an experienced cruiser. Perhaps we could compare notes. Is there another thread about Celestyal and/or cruises in Greece on CC?

Marie

Marie, I look forward to seeing your review! I, like Ric, am very interested in the 3 Continents Cruise they have starting in December 2019. The cruise immediately prior to that one is Ecclectic Agean with Istanbul, Canakkale, Volos, Santorini and Mikonos, so I am hoping to do a B2B! I am going to start socking pennies away now.

Just came back from the 7 day Idyllic Aegean Celestyal Cruise on Crystal, and we loved it! Visited Mykonos, Milos, Santorini, Heraclion (Crete) and Kusadasi (Turkey), with a bonus stop at Samos on the way back to Athens. We had an inside cabin on deck 4, which was completely satisfactory for the two of us (and we are tall). The cruise is port intensive and we were in the cabin only to change, to shower and to sleep. In our opinion, the food was excellent and the service very good. We met many interesting people from around the world and even enjoyed the evening shows. The Greek island are amazing!

We were on the Crystal last year in Cuba and would have to agree. We also had an inside cabin and though it was smaller than most, all we really did in there was change, sleep and shower. Loved the food, the crew and the shows and would not hesitate to try them for a Greek cruise.

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2018 at 3:35 PM, czrunner said:

Marie

Marie, how was your cruise on Celestyal?  Specifically, I'd like to know your thoughts on the quality of the food, the size and amenities of your cabin, and would you cruise on Celestyal again?

On 7/11/2018 at 5:27 PM, czrunner said:

Just came back from the 7 day Idyllic Aegean Celestyal Cruise on Crystal, and we loved it! Visited Mykonos, Milos, Santorini, Heraclion (Crete) and Kusadasi (Turkey), with a bonus stop at Samos on the way back to Athens. We had an inside cabin on deck 4, which was completely satisfactory for the two of us (and we are tall). The cruise is port intensive and we were in the cabin only to change, to shower and to sleep. In our opinion, the food was excellent and the service very good. We met many interesting people from around the world and even enjoyed the evening shows. The Greek island are amazing!

Just saw your post on Celestyal, so please disregard my other post asking for your thoughts.  Good to hear you enjoyed it.  I've been researching this cruise line and am considering it for 2019.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

We did czrunner's itinerary in Sept.2018. LOVED IT. We got a balcony and had a topiary olive tree on our table! Yes to the laundry question asked earlier. Food was great--do the buffet for b'fast & lunch, also very good. You can have many kinds of olives every day!

Also: EVERYONE gets the Silver drinks package (that is free drinks), unless you upgrade to another package. If you don't upgrade but choose certain liquors, wines or beers, they will charge you a couple dollars more but they will always ask first.

Shows were excellent; the early ones were by Cubans still on the ship. DO NOT MISS the Cretan dancers.

There's a music trio that did an astonishing, long jazz-like version of Santo & Johnny's "Sleepwalk" out by the pool at lunch one day (yes we are old...). Speaking of which, tiny pool, no loungers. Go up to deck 9 for loungers at the back. But you can go to the beaches *every day,* lol. We went to a resort with day pass in Turkey since we'd done the ruins several times. Very nice, international. 

When they ask at dinner if you will sit with others, say yes. We met a lot of great folks; they will seat you with English speakers unless you want to go more multi-lingual. The capt. made announcements in 7 languages, literally. (Plus they gave us a very special table for 2 the last night, I think because we were always willing to share.) We are actually planning to do this cruise again, even though we've been to most ports 3+ times previously. ENJOY!

PS!!! On Sept. 19th is the Volcano Day in Santorini. You overnight at this stop, and if you are then, PLEASE take the cruise out to the lil island where they have massive fireworks commemorating the eruption 2,000 years ago. They will also have fireworks in Fira which you can view on land or from the ship.

PPS: We were told that, despite the sign, you CAN put your TP in toilet in your stateroom. Just don't throw in masses all at once...and nothing else, as with all ships. 😉

Edited by sofietucker

• 4 months later...

Thank you all for your reviews.  My wife and I just booked their Idyllic Aegean cruise May 2020 to celebrate our 35th Anniversary, and had never heard of this cruise line before.  Just found it almost by accident, and it goes to places we had gone on our honeymoon (Rhodes & Crete), as well as other islands we have loved on other cruises (Santorini & Mykonos).  Love the fact that it overnights on Santorini, so we can spend a bit more time there.  We did our honeymoon very much ala carte, so glad to have our redux on a cruise.

2 hours ago, TNCruzer56 said:

Like HD2 above-Many thanks for all the information. We are so looking forward to this trip. My only concern is a formal night I don`t wear coat and ties anymore. After 25 years in sales! Is that a problem?

It is probably only enforced in the main dining rooms.  Like most cruise ships, they have casual dining options (buffet & grill) on the upper deck.

https://americas.celestyalcruises.com/en/cruise-ship-celestyal-crystal

image.png.8c6f4b59016cb77f8626ab8ab61afc7a.png