Insurance for short cruise

GJClay

I normally take 7 nights or longer cruises and always buy insurance. I am planning a ladies trip, four nights to the Bahamas and am wondering if insurance is necessary? I would only insure the cruise which is about 600.00 pp, and not flights since we fly Southwest which has no cost change fees, and fly to departure port two days ahead of time. The primary reason to buy insurance in this situation would be in case of medical emergency, I would assume? My insurance covers emergency medical care outside of the US, but am not sure about the other travelers.I am fine with buying insurance, but don't want to do it if it's an unnecessary endeavor.

One of the travelers does suffer from a rare neurological disorder and will probably continue to deteriorate physically before the cruise, which is almost a year away.

Put the cruise cost at $0 or $1.

There will not be any Trip Interruption, Trip Cancellation, Baggage Loss, or any of those coverages. But you will still get medical, evacuation, and repatriation coverages.

I probably wouldn’t cover a $600 investment either, but I would cover my health.

Put the cruise cost at $0 or $1.

There will not be any Trip Interruption, Trip Cancellation, Baggage Loss, or any of those coverages. But you will still get medical, evacuation, and repatriation coverages.

I probably wouldn’t cover a $600 investment either, but I would cover my health.

Okay, thank you. I didn't know that could be done.