What Insurance Info. Do You Take ?

Ashland

I always buy 3rd party travel ins. but what information do I really need to take with me?

Is the policy number and the 24 hour hotline number associated with it all that I would ever need?

I always print out the terms and conditions of the actual policy and take it along. That way, prior to calling the hot line, I have a pretty good idea of exactly what is covered (and to what extent) and what is not.

I take a copy of a claim form with me ( GeoBlue) so that I know all the items are completed. I once had a delay of payment from another insurance company because the emergency dentist neglected to note a diagnosis on his bill.

I always print out the terms and conditions of the actual policy and take it along. That way, prior to calling the hot line, I have a pretty good idea of exactly what is covered (and to what extent) and what is not.

I also do this along with the ID card for the policy that usually is included in the print out papers. The previous poster's idea of also taking a copy of a claim form that might be needed is a good idea, I think, and something that I have never considered.