Montreal

Cstone65

Well, you can take the train with a connection in New York - but if you want to do it in one day, you'll be arriving at Union Station at 1:30 in the morning. Or you can overnight in New York.

Or you can just take the plane.

You can also rent a car in Canada and drive somewhere else to take a plane or train home. If you are taking the Dawn, you get to Quebec City on a Friday (maybe even a Thursday), then you can drive a rental car to Montreal for an overnight or two (may I suggest Hotel Alt which was clean, comfortable and near lots of stuff, plus had a bar and a breakfast restaurant right inside). Then drive south through Vermont for a scenic drive, especially if it is in the fall, through New Hampshire, and down to Boston where there are lots of reasonable options to get back to D. C. Enterprise let’s you rent in USA and drop in Canada or vice versa. You could also drive through New York, take in Niagara Falls, and still be home in time for work on Monday. I think I used Expedia to make all the car rental arrangements which went off without a hitch. If you do drive from QC to Montreal, may I suggest stops at Mont Morency Falls and St. Anne du Beaupre Cathedral. We also found another beautiful waterfall nearer QC by accident, Chutes de la Chaudiere, and The King’s Road, a.k.a.“Chemin du Roi,” is loaded with scenic beauty at every turn for a long, slow meander from QC to Montreal. If you do not have an overnight in QC, get a hotel and take one anyway. It is surely one of the most beautiful and welcoming North American cities, like a visit to Europe.

Hi,

Would love advice on how to get to D.C. from Montreal since the ship sails from Boston. I don't love flying--especially commuter planes. Thank you!

We love Montreal.We have been there many times .It is like being in a European country .As far as traveling to DC:

Amtrak to NYC and then to DC

Greyhound bus to NYC and then to DC

Renting a car and driving

We have done all of the above