RCL Post Cruise Tour & Airport Transfer in Vancouver

cruise87crazy

We get into Vancouver on Friday June 1 and our flight doesn't depart until 5:15pm, per the cruise planner on RCL it looks like we are eligible to take the post cruise Sea and Sky Experience and Shannon Falls tour that includes an airport transfer.

My question is has anyone done this before? Worth it? Or just find somewhere to store the luggage and walk around ourselves?

TIA

FWIW, we're doing Shannon Falls after getting off Radiance at the end of June. We started out choosing it b/c our flight home is a red eye and not leaving until around 11:00pm so we have the whole day/night to kill but it looks pretty cool from the official website (especially the views from the suspension bridge and the deck). Since viewing it, we noticed that it was recently featured in a Coors Light ad... https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wcTN/coors-light-mountain-outpost

We'll likely go no matter what, but hopefully someone who has already done the excursion will chime in.

I think I've seen at least one other person planning to do that tour this year - but don't think it was actually a thing in prior years, so there may be no reviews possible due to it never having been offered to cruisers!

NB: compare independent booking to cruiseline - odds are high that the tour you're talking about, if you cut & paste some of the description into a Google search, will actually BE one of the local bus company tours relabelled and with the price jacked up by your cruise line... even if it's the 'same' price, remember CAD are worth ~0.75USD and booking locally means prices in CAD!

We are on the same cruise and our flight is at 10 pm - thinking of doing this also. Do you know what they do with your luggage, keep it on the bus or forward it on to the airport?

Honestly not sure, sorry. Good question though.

Everything about this trip is out of my knowledge base and comfort zone (partly why my wife planned it, she's adventurous). If it involves driving an hour from our house to Port Canaveral for a Caribbean cruise, I'm an expert... flying thousands of miles, spending 10 days across 5 cities in Alaska before boarding a cruise that ends in another country... not so much.

I think I’ll call and ask the cruise line directly because I’m a little hesitant to book because our flight leaves at 5:09pm even though the website says it’s fine for flights after 5 I don’t know if that’s TOO close to 5. I’ll ask about the luggage when I call and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CDS Baggage Storage is at the pier. In the past they provided a transfer for your luggage to the airport. If I remember correctly it was $40 for 4 bags. Contact them for info. Please post back to this thread with the details.

You could drop your luggage then explore on your own for a few hrs. (Catching the skybridge to the airport is easier without luggage )

http://www.cdsbaggage.ca/

Honestly not sure, sorry. Good question though.

Everything about this trip is out of my knowledge base and comfort zone (partly why my wife planned it, she's adventurous). If it involves driving an hour from our house to Port Canaveral for a Caribbean cruise, I'm an expert... flying thousands of miles, spending 10 days across 5 cities in Alaska before boarding a cruise that ends in another country... not so much.

Same here, we are about 1 1/2 hours from PC so we just get up the morning of the cruise, pack the car and head up. Planning this has been daunting yet exciting!

Same here, we are about 1 1/2 hours from PC so we just get up the morning of the cruise, pack the car and head up. Planning this has been daunting yet exciting!

Yeah, I think it's safe to say we're spoiled.

Alaska was my wife's idea and I'm thankful she was willing to take on much of the planning, especially after she decided the 6-day RC pre-tour we originally booked was not long enough and didn't allow for everything she wanted to do. Fortunately she found an excellent company that helped plan and book a customized 10-day land trip for us. Unfortunately, as you could have guessed, this turned into one expensive vacation, but it's sort of a 40th birthday/15th anniversary celebration and I've mostly made peace with the cost... mostly. :)

OK So I won't be able to do the Sea to Sky tour because I had a brain fart and forgot that since we are flying from Vancouver our flight is considered international not domestic (we are flying into San Francisco) and unfortunately the tour can only accommodate flights after 6pm for international departures.

But I did call and ask about the luggage, the gentleman on the phone said that the luggage is on the shuttle the entire length of the tour and follows you to the airport.

Enjoy everyone that is going on this, sadly we won't be making it. :(

Sorry to hear you have to skip it. On the plus side, your relatively short flight home at 5:15 is a lot more appealing than my red eye with an early morning layover to get all the way back to Orlando. Thanks for sharing the luggage info.

Sorry to hear you have to skip it. On the plus side, your relatively short flight home at 5:15 is a lot more appealing than my red eye with an early morning layover to get all the way back to Orlando. Thanks for sharing the luggage info.

Yes. Agreed. We are thinking of doing the shorter sight seeing one with airport transfer or maybe looking into doing our own thing. I better come up with something soon though [emoji4] 20 more days until the cruise! [emoji1360]

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I think it's safe to say we're spoiled.

Alaska was my wife's idea and I'm thankful she was willing to take on much of the planning, especially after she decided the 6-day RC pre-tour we originally booked was not long enough and didn't allow for everything she wanted to do. Fortunately she found an excellent company that helped plan and book a customized 10-day land trip for us. Unfortunately, as you could have guessed, this turned into one expensive vacation, but it's sort of a 40th birthday/15th anniversary celebration and I've mostly made peace with the cost... mostly. :)

We are doing the Radiance Northbound with 3 night Post Cruise Tour with RCI. I have done all the planning, booking, airfare, and etc. Hubby asked me the other day "How much is this trip costing - or do I want to know?" Me: "You don't want to know! :halo:"

We are doing the Radiance Northbound with 3 night Post Cruise Tour with RCI. I have done all the planning, booking, airfare, and etc. Hubby asked me the other day "How much is this trip costing - or do I want to know?" Me: "You don't want to know! :halo:"

So I'm not the only one? Unfortunately I do know what it's costing... but I wish I didn't. :eek:

A friend of ours who is also on this ship with us said that he saw that there was location at the port where you could store your luggage, not sure on the cost.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Yes. You can store your luggage at Canada Place and for a few of $40 (up to four pieces of luggage) they will ship it right to the airport for you so you don’t have to go back for it later.

Hi Can anyone please recommend a company for private transfer from port to international port?

There are 4 of us with 6 luggage, we will need a mini van. Thanks

Hi Can anyone please recommend a company for private transfer from port to international port?

Go Shuttle is great to work with.

Is Canada place at the port?

Canada Place IS the port!

What do you mean by 'international port'? If you mean YVR airport - just line up for cabs with everyone else, one in every 5 or 6 is a minivan. There isn't much of a market for private shuttles in Vancouver, ever since the SkyTrain line to the airport opened it killed the market for anything cheaper than cabs or limos (at $4.10 or less pp shuttles simply cannot compete with transit, and since metered cabs run only about $35 only Solo travelers are the viable market for a shuttle priced at $15-20pp). There's usually one shuttle company operating in cruise season, with tickets available on walkup basis so no need to book - but as a party of 4 you'd find a cab much cheaper and your own limo comparable in total price...

If you mean being shuttled internationally to Seattle's SEATAC airport or one of the cruise piers there, you'd be much cheaper renting a van yourselves than being shuttled - expect to pay at least $500 for a one-way trip with someone else driving, maybe more since you're talking about a van.

Canada Place IS the port!

What do you mean by 'international port'? If you mean YVR airport - just line up for cabs with everyone else, one in every 5 or 6 is a minivan. There isn't much of a market for private shuttles in Vancouver, ever since the SkyTrain line to the airport opened it killed the market for anything cheaper than cabs or limos (at $4.10 or less pp shuttles simply cannot compete with transit, and since metered cabs run only about $35 only Solo travelers are the viable market for a shuttle priced at $15-20pp). There's usually one shuttle company operating in cruise season, with tickets available on walkup basis so no need to book - but as a party of 4 you'd find a cab much cheaper and your own limo comparable in total price...

If you mean being shuttled internationally to Seattle's SEATAC airport or one of the cruise piers there, you'd be much cheaper renting a van yourselves than being shuttled - expect to pay at least $500 for a one-way trip with someone else driving, maybe more since you're talking about a van.

Hi

I meant international airport.

Thanks for your advise, we will line up for the cab.