Maui excursions for Carnival Splendor

Keys2Heaven

Hello. We are looking for excursion options when in Maui (Kahului) May 2, 2019.

I've already inquired into VIE's "Road to Hana" tour, but they do not pick up at the port due to timing. Their tour starts about 7:00 a.m. and we won't be in port until 10:00 a.m. (depart 11:00 p.m.).

We're doing a luau on Ohau, so looking for something else. No helicopter tours either.

From reading here, it seems renting a car might be the smart choice and either heading to south Maui or driving up to the crater.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

Hello. We are looking for excursion options when in Maui (Kahului) May 2, 2019.

I've already inquired into VIE's "Road to Hana" tour, but they do not pick up at the port due to timing. Their tour starts about 7:00 a.m. and we won't be in port until 10:00 a.m. (depart 11:00 p.m.).

We're doing a luau on Ohau, so looking for something else. No helicopter tours either.

From reading here, it seems renting a car might be the smart choice and either heading to south Maui or driving up to the crater.

Hana - I post in the other thread, on Ohau we are planning the Germaines Luau and a island Tour. Eclipse arrives at 7AM and departs 11:59PM.

I’ve been to Maui twice with Carnival and let me say, if you don’t book a ship excursion renting a car is the way to go. The dock is a shipping yard with nothing around, and not much to do. The car rental companies all have shuttles to/from the dock. It’s easy to book ahead. We rented a car, and drove to Lahaina and wandered around a bit, ate ice cream and seen the largest banyon tree in Hawaii. Then in the afternoon we had a snorkel/SNUBA (I SNUBA’d, my wife snorked) trip with fourwinds maui. The day was an amazing day and I highly highly recommend fourwindsmaiu if you are interested in snorkeling. The drive to Lahaina is about 40 minutes from the car rental places and the harbor is about half way between Kahului and Lahaina. The car rental companies have gps too if you’re worried about directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve been to Maui twice with Carnival and let me say, if you don’t book a ship excursion renting a car is the way to go. The dock is a shipping yard with nothing around, and not much to do. The car rental companies all have shuttles to/from the dock. It’s easy to book ahead. We rented a car, and drove to Lahaina and wandered around a bit, ate ice cream and seen the largest banyon tree in Hawaii. Then in the afternoon we had a snorkel/SNUBA (I SNUBA’d, my wife snorked) trip with fourwinds maui. The day was an amazing day and I highly highly recommend fourwindsmaiu if you are interested in snorkeling. The drive to Lahaina is about 40 minutes from the car rental places and the harbor is about half way between Kahului and Lahaina. The car rental companies have gps too if you’re worried about directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! We will look into this.