On Aboard Silversea Spirit Civitavecchia may 6

737swapilot

We are onboard the refurbished Silver Spirit! Check in was very smoth and quick and everybody has gone out of their way to be nice and helpful. The ship looks amazing (first timer here).

Service is fantastic. We had lunch in La Teraza and the food was fantastic along with the presentation!

I will try and take pictures when I can.

We are onboard the refurbished Silver Spirit! Check in was very smoth and quick and everybody has gone out of their way to be nice and helpful. The ship looks amazing (first timer here).

Service is fantastic. We had lunch in La Teraza and the food was fantastic along with the presentation!

I will try and take pictures when I can.

Thanks for posting. Hope everything goes well on your cruise and I like many others on here are interested in how the newly stretched Spirit looks and feels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks very much for the initial report. Many will be very interested in further reports.

I anticipate a number of reports on public spaces (esp. the new/redesigned restaurant options).

However, I hope that there will be some reports on the suites themselves: What changes/improvements have there been in the suites that were not part of the plug-in section? New carpets? Beds? Verandah furniture? Soft goods? (This list is not to imply that everything needed to be replaced!)

If I may offer the perspective of a Spirit veteran and also experience of the Muse, firstly I would say that on approaching the Spirit she looks far more balanced. The good news is that we have the A team of Captain Pontillo and Moss Hills.

Once on board it is evident that much work is still underway but dare I say it when completed I think it may improve upon the Muse. I have not been to Terrazza yet but have been told that the outside area will not be ready for a couple of days. We are in there tonight so will see then. Also told that the cafe and Note will not be ready for a couple of days. My source for all this is one of the maitre d so he should know.

We lunched on deck and this is where the changes are most obvious. The actual pool is the same size but although the surround has been extended towards the bar there is a massive amount of extra space for on deck dining much of which is under cover. The hideous red running track through the pizza restaurant is mercifully missing and I hope is not one of the jobs to be done.

The theatre has just had the seats reupholstered and thankfully not been changed to the Muse style so good news there.

In the cabins there is no change to bathrooms but the rest has copied the Muse with much lighter furnishings. There is no TV in the mirror but a wall mounted, I would guess 42inch, proper TV although ours is not working yet. There are new balcony chairs which seem reasonably comfortable having done a brief test sitting.

My big grouse with the Muse was over the dining and in particular getting in to Atlantide. I know others have not had a problem but I can only speak as I find. It may be my fault for strolling along at 8 to 8-30 as an early arrival would not be a problem. We may be trying there tomorrow so more to come later.

The outside area of Terrazza was available this evening so we took full advantage as did Manfridi and about 20 hangers on.

Maybe we were given duff gen as it is deck 8 aft that is still out of commission not 7. That rules out the shops and humidor which is no loss but unfortunately the cafe as well.

One other point we noticed this evening is a strange facing given to the door surrounds of the cabins which make it look like a castle entrance in stone. This was not evident on Muse.

So far so good. La terraza for breakfast was really good, no wait and service was spot on.

HOWEVER I have heard people complaining to the service desk that they have NO hot water, internet or AC! I’m pretty sure our AC is not working but the weather is cool so it is not a problem right now! Our internet works fine and the butler service has been fantastic. The ship is definitely going through growing pains! I still would not hesitate to book another cruise on silver spirit!

Silver note, the shops and cafe are now open. We had diner st Seishin and the food and service was spot on. So far this my wife’s favorite place!

The AC seems to be up and running, other then the AC we had no other problems.

The outside area of Terrazza was available this evening so we took full advantage as did Manfridi and about 20 hangers on.

Manfredi wasn't on my Shadow Cruise last month, but there were 2 groups of "Hangers on" who I'd go as far as to say, spoilt the experience a fair bit.

On formal night in the MDR, one turn up in an Hawaiian shirt and no Jacket. There is no way a non VIP would have got away with that. (It didnt affect our meal, but it was annoying all the same that he was allowed to trivialise the occasion with such a hideous outfit he must have worn for a bet. What he wore would have been under dressed for casual night! lol

On the previous night on the La Terrazza terrace, we noticed a large table pulled together and not being used.... It had been reserved "For friends on the owner" we were later told and it was obvious the member of staff who told us wasn't impressed either. Anyway, after the head chef had introduced himself and run through the menu and they'd finished their meal, one of them decided to lite up a huge cigar. Someone complained and they were answered "its not a problem" and wasnt asked to move over to smokers corner.

There were a couple more things that happened during the cruise with them and thankfully apart from the Junk ride in Harlong Bay, where strangely they just pushed in and didnt queue... then went on to overtalk the tour guide, we were mostly able to avoid them. I don't think Manfredi would have been impressed.

Strolling in at 8 or 8:30 9is not your fault. Not accommodating you whenever you want is THEIR fault.

How would you propose to accommodate 600 passengers in a restaurant that held 120 at the same time? Not everyone can claim to be friends of the owner and it wouldnt make any difference if they were.... 600 into 120 just don't fit.

Manfredi wasn't on my Shadow Cruise last month, but there were 2 groups of "Hangers on" who I'd go as far as to say, spoilt the experience a fair bit.

On formal night in the MDR, one turn up in an Hawaiian shirt and no Jacket. There is no way a non VIP would have got away with that. (It didnt affect our meal, but it was annoying all the same that he was allowed to trivialise the occasion with such a hideous outfit he must have worn for a bet. What he wore would have been under dressed for casual night! lol

On the previous night on the La Terrazza terrace, we noticed a large table pulled together and not being used.... It had been reserved "For friends on the owner" we were later told and it was obvious the member of staff who told us wasn't impressed either. Anyway, after the head chef had introduced himself and run through the menu and they'd finished their meal, one of them decided to lite up a huge cigar. Someone complained and they were answered "its not a problem" and wasnt asked to move over to smokers corner.

There were a couple more things that happened during the cruise with them and thankfully apart from the Junk ride in Harlong Bay, where strangely they just pushed in and didnt queue... then went on to overtalk the tour guide, we were mostly able to avoid them. I don't think Manfredi would have been impressed.

How would you propose to accommodate 600 passengers in a restaurant that held 120 at the same time? Not everyone can claim to be friends of the owner and it wouldnt make any difference if they were.... 600 into 120 just don't fit.

Are you on this Spirit sailing? I’m confused by your posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you on this Spirit sailing? I’m confused by your posting.

The opening sentence tells you I’m referring to “friends of Manfredi” on my silver Shadow cruise last month.

Agree with swapilot that growing pains are most evident but I think it will be worth it in the end. The standout improvement is without doubt the pool deck space and the only question mark I have is the cafe which is much better than Muse outside on deck but less so inside due to the choice of seating making it less comfortable.

I booked this cruise with eyes wide open and knew there would inevitably be problems but I am fascinated by the logistics of the whole operation and have had the chance to talk to a number of the crew who were on board for the last few weeks. So it is more out of interest than frustration that I am noting various problems. The TV is now working but with 12 inch picture on a 42 inch screen. There is now no need to have a 3pin UK adaptor as the sockets now take UK plugs and provide 240v but not all sockets are working. The door bell still does not work but AC has been fine from the start. Water flow and temperature is hit and miss but with patience you get there. We are only a couple of cabins away from the cut which may have an effect. Don't get me wrong, we are still thoroughly enjoying the cruise but these are some of the problems we are encountering but make it interesting in some ways.

Believe it or not we went to Atlantide last night at 8.25 and had absolutely no problem in getting a table. So was I lucky on here or unlucky on Muse?

Agree with swapilot that growing pains are most evident but I think it will be worth it in the end. The standout improvement is without doubt the pool deck space and the only question mark I have is the cafe which is much better than Muse outside on deck but less so inside due to the choice of seating making it less comfortable.

I booked this cruise with eyes wide open and knew there would inevitably be problems but I am fascinated by the logistics of the whole operation and have had the chance to talk to a number of the crew who were on board for the last few weeks. So it is more out of interest than frustration that I am noting various problems. The TV is now working but with 12 inch picture on a 42 inch screen. There is now no need to have a 3pin UK adaptor as the sockets now take UK plugs and provide 240v but not all sockets are working. The door bell still does not work but AC has been fine from the start. Water flow and temperature is hit and miss but with patience you get there. We are only a couple of cabins away from the cut which may have an effect. Don't get me wrong, we are still thoroughly enjoying the cruise but these are some of the problems we are encountering but make it interesting in some ways.

Believe it or not we went to Atlantide last night at 8.25 and had absolutely no problem in getting a table. So was I lucky on here or unlucky on Muse?

We are going to possibly try Atlantide tonight at 8

Thanks so much for the terrific info. We board later this month so have been very curious how things are...especially since we’ve sailed on the “old Spirit” about a dozen times. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out soon. Can you tell me who the maitre’d are in Terrazza, and the Dining rooms, as well as the bar manager? I think Barrie is onboard as cruise consultant.

When I first showed my husband the thread with pictures on the stretch he said, “you won’t get me on that ship! I don’t trust it!”

Well, our May 2019 cruise was canceled and we had a choice of getting a full refund or rebooking on a different cruise. Guess which ship we are rebooked on?

I’m not worried about the seaworthiness of the ship, but I *am* curious... how do I know if my cabin is in the new section or just near it? We’re booked in a Veranda Suite, just below the Owner’s Suite.

Maitre 'd in Terrazza is Tayful and deck/hot rocks Rodrigo.

One other notable change I have not mentioned is that there has been additional roofing over the entire deck area outside Panorama, deck 8 (was back of the shops but now outside cafe) and Terrazza. By this I mean there the shaded area now extends over all the outside deck in these locations so overhead sun and vertical rain are excluded but coming in at an angle they can still have an effect.

When I first showed my husband the thread with pictures on the stretch he said, “you won’t get me on that ship! I don’t trust it!”

Well, our May 2019 cruise was canceled and we had a choice of getting a full refund or rebooking on a different cruise. Guess which ship we are rebooked on?

I’m not worried about the seaworthiness of the ship, but I *am* curious... how do I know if my cabin is in the new section or just near it? We’re booked in a Veranda Suite, just below the Owner’s Suite.

The new cabins are 752 to 761 inclusive on deck 7

Silver note, the shops and cafe are now open. We had diner st Seishin and the food and service was spot on. So far this my wife’s favorite place!

The AC seems to be up and running, other then the AC we had no other problems.

It's interesting they didn't rebrand Seishin to Kaiseki during the Musifying process. They must have not added space for teppanyaki in the evening. I noticed online too that the evening upcharge for Seishin is $40 whereas it's $60 in Kaiseki on the Muse.

Interesting thread, thank you all! We are booked in 762, so I guess the "old" Spirit and the "seam" line. We board her on the 17th of July. It is our first Silversea cruise, after being suite class on Celebrity for a few years. Any information and impressions are more than welcome.

Enjoy your cruise!

Interesting thread, thank you all! We are booked in 762, so I guess the "old" Spirit and the "seam" line. We board her on the 17th of July. It is our first Silversea cruise, after being suite class on Celebrity for a few years. Any information and impressions are more than welcome.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have over 40 cruises with Celebrity and took my first SS cruise last summer and will be sailing with them

in July too (going on WHISPER)............if I can be honest? You really can't compare mainstream to Luxury.......

I mean you can but it is like apples to oranges;)....I was on SPIRIT last summer.......it is not just one specific

thing but really the overall experience is totally different. I would say one of the biggest differences is the size..

Much smaller........ship size and passenger size........only about 500 guests vs 2500.........service, food, just everything,,,,,,,,the vibe (atmosphere).....easy........comfortable. I never sailed in a suite on X so I cannot give

you a comparison from that standpoint. But I can say my balcony on SS? LOVED IT.....:D....walk in closet and loved the bathroom too. They know how to do things.........I sail solo and felt VERY welcomed. Hope you have a great cruise:D