Luggage from Ship to Airport - Forget the Hauling

CM1984

I'm happy to share that Ifinally found the answers needed to use 2 difference options for Luggage programs with HAL -

HollandAmerica participates in both of these programs disembarking from Seattle-----

PORTVALET-Seattle: Copied from the West Coast Departures Thread, provided by“Pierlesscruisers”(thank you Tom): This program is only offered to guestsflying from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) with Southwest Airlines,Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines (domestic flights only),JetBlue Airways, and United Airlines. For domestic and international flights,the first segment of the flight should be a participating airline and theconnecting flight can be with a different airline as long as it's booked on thesame record locator number on the reservation. Flight departure time must beafter 11:00 am from Seattle on the same day of disembarkation and SouthwestAirlines flights must not be later than 6:00 pm from Seattle on the same day ofdisembarkation. (PORT VALET IS A FREE SERVICE)

LUGGAGE DIRECT: I spoke with HAL Consultant about this and found it is alsoavailable, however there is a cost -$19.95 PER PERSON UP TO 3 BAGS.

• Ability to enjoy your final hours in port at your leisure without having tostand in line at the airport.

• Avoid lines at disembarkation as you are invited to be the first to disembark

• No need to locate your luggage or wait for a porters assistance in theterminal

• Avoid lines at the airport – with boarding pass in hand and no luggage tocheck you can proceed directly to Security.

• Luggage Direct is available on all of our vessels when sailing in and out ofthe following ports:

- Anchorage

- Fort Lauderdale

- Seattle

Again, BOTH are for flights leaving after 11:00am – more information isprovided in your cabin, which will give all details.

• 2 weeks later...

My flight is listed as 11:00. I'm on the Ruby Princess, which docks at 7:00 a.m. on August 25th. Is Port Valet for after 11:00 or 11:00 and later? I know I"m splitting hairs, but the only other options are red-eye flights.

I'm happy to share that Ifinally found the answers needed to use 2 difference options for Luggage programs with HAL -

HollandAmerica participates in both of these programs disembarking from Seattle-----

PORTVALET-Seattle: Copied from the West Coast Departures Thread, provided by“Pierlesscruisers”(thank you Tom): This program is only offered to guestsflying from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) with Southwest Airlines,Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines (domestic flights only),JetBlue Airways, and United Airlines. For domestic and international flights,the first segment of the flight should be a participating airline and theconnecting flight can be with a different airline as long as it's booked on thesame record locator number on the reservation. Flight departure time must beafter 11:00 am from Seattle on the same day of disembarkation and SouthwestAirlines flights must not be later than 6:00 pm from Seattle on the same day ofdisembarkation. (PORT VALET IS A FREE SERVICE)

LUGGAGE DIRECT: I spoke with HAL Consultant about this and found it is alsoavailable, however there is a cost -$19.95 PER PERSON UP TO 3 BAGS.

• Ability to enjoy your final hours in port at your leisure without having tostand in line at the airport.

• Avoid lines at disembarkation as you are invited to be the first to disembark

• No need to locate your luggage or wait for a porters assistance in theterminal

• Avoid lines at the airport – with boarding pass in hand and no luggage tocheck you can proceed directly to Security.

• Luggage Direct is available on all of our vessels when sailing in and out ofthe following ports:

- Anchorage

- Fort Lauderdale

- Seattle

Again, BOTH are for flights leaving after 11:00am – more information isprovided in your cabin, which will give all details.

Friends currently on the Amsterdam en route to Seattle have been told that the Port Valet and Luggage Direct service are not available for this sailing. They were not told why. Anyone have an explanation?