Family of Five looking for their first new adventure! HELP!

KrissyRoxNJ

:D:D:DOur family would like to book our very first cruise for July of this year 2018. We have totally different age ranges and need help with advice on which cruise line would be best to book. I have a 13-year-old, 10 years old and 2 years old! With that being said, I am looking for a cruise that offers fun for all ages. Would love a care sitting area so we can get some time with our older kids. Also, do you think one big room or two adjacent cabins? Looking for a Caribbean cruise leaving from NJ in July. My pop cruises a lot and he loves Royal Caribbean but we have vastly different needs. Please help this newbie out!

We also have 2 vegetarians in the group. Does the ship provide veggie food as well?

Thank You

Krissy :hearteyes::hearteyes:

You are limited to Carnival or Royal Carribean. Doubtful at this late date you can get a room that will hold five people, but you'd have to call and ask. Look at cruises offered on the cruise line webpages and see what would suit your family best. The kid's club info is on their webpage.

Note, when booking you'll have to make full payment. All cruise lines provide vegetarian options.

In addition to the RC ships leaving from Bayonne, the Norwegian Escape is the only ship on NCL that has a nursery. They will be doing 7 day trips to Bermuda leaving from NY harbor in July 2018.

Please note that I believe the trips to the caribbean where you can go to a bunch of islands from NY/NJ are generally scheduled in the winter, and in the summer the NY/NJ ships either go to Bermuda, or Bahamas/Florida or north to Canada.

Cunard also accepts 2 year olds in their kids clubs, but I'm not sure they are sailing from the NY area in July. They only have 4 ships, and I believe they usually only do transatlantics or European cruises over the summer.

Cunard have only three ships. The Queen Mary 2 does weekly transAtlantics in the eight months of the year she isn't on her annual World Cruise or doing holiday cruises from NYC to the Caribbean. Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria sail from Southampton to various European ports. EM

Carnival has a cruise that might work sailing from NY (their kids clubs start at 2)

https://www.carnival.com/itinerary/8-day-eastern-caribbean-cruise/new-york/horizon/8-days/ce5

(it looks when you click the link that its in september, but if you change the dates it sails in july)

Royal Caribbean has a few ships that are based in NY/NJ, so you should search their website to see if any of those itineraries work for you.

RCL Anthem has a nursery and a splash pad for diapered kids. NCL and Carnival don’t have splash pads. You probably want connecting cabins, hopefully there will be some left, July is prime family vacation time.

If they are available, I would definitely recommend adjoining cabins. We had this on our last cruise for our family of four. The extra bathroom was a wonderful thing. The extra space was nice as well. The kids could play/watch tv in one room while hubby and I watched our own tv in the other room. Or, you can have the 2 year old taking a nap without worrying about others waking him/her while going in/out of the rooms if they use the other room.

We have only sailed RCI and love that line. I know they have different dietary options, but I am sure most lines do these days.