NO excursions available for several ports...what to do?

At 5 months from sailing, there are 2 ports that have no excursions available, despite one having two time slots, both apparently filled. What is the advice from fellow Regent travelers on this, please? I have been checking back regularly, and nothing changes. Also, no waitlist is showing up either. :confused:

At 5 months from sailing, there are 2 ports that have no excursions available, despite one having two time slots, both apparently filled. What is the advice from fellow Regent travelers on this, please? I have been checking back regularly, and nothing changes. Also, no waitlist is showing up either. :confused:

Since you live in the U.S. (a good thing), I assume that you have a TA that regularly books Regent cruises). May I ask what port(s) that you are referring to? While most ports have several excursions available, some more remote ports have fewer. We have experienced this in the past - it is usually due to Regent being in negotiations with tour companies that have not yet been finalized. If you have a TA, I would ask them about it. Otherwise, I would call Regent. I kinda of hesitate to advise calling Regent because their Customer Service Representatives don't always have the most current information. So, if you do call, I suggest that you ask to speak with a supervisor.

Hope that this helps.

We had this happen for one cruise a few months ago. We had our travel agent contact Regent, and although Regent said nothing was wrong on their end, the excursions magically showed up on the website within about 30 minutes :-)

Worldtraveler 4727,

Which voyage are you speaking about, or which ports of call are the one's missing tours? I'd be happy to look into this further for you and respond back.

Worldtraveler 4727,

Which voyage are you speaking about, or which ports of call are the one's missing tours? I'd be happy to look into this further for you and respond back.

Mr. O’Keefe,

How very kind of you to offer to look into this for me!

We purchased the Iberian Castles & Bermudian Squares cruise on March 26, and excursions had opened up on March 5, but there were none available for the final two ports of Horta, Azores and St. George, Bermuda.

My husband and I are interested in Island Landscapes (Horta) on September 10 and Quintessential Bermuda & Hamilton (Bermuda) on September 15.

These are both mainly bus tours since I am having hip replacement surgery 7 weeks prior to sailing.

We would be most grateful if you took a moment out of your busy day to take a look at these for us.

Please let me know if you need any more information from me.

Much obliged, Mr. O’Keefe.

Everywhere or almost everywhere we've landed, there are local excursion operaters waiting dockside with similar tours at about half the cost. Since on Regent, most of the excursions are free, it would cost a few coins extra for this method. However, we used this method on Oceania several times.

Everywhere or almost everywhere we've landed, there are local excursion operaters waiting dockside with similar tours at about half the cost. Since on Regent, most of the excursions are free, it would cost a few coins extra for this method. However, we used this method on Oceania several times.

And Oceania passengers do very well with this method. Fares are less money and people can decide to do a dockside tour or get together with a group (as is done on Oceania Roll Call) and do a small group excursion with a private vendor.