Laundry benefit - Seabourn gold

CLOU

We made gold level on our last cruise, so now we get one bag of laundry for each seven days on board. We are leaving for a 10 day cruise on the Ovation next week, I assume if we each choose the laundry benefit, we would each get two bags of laundry? In other words, we would not have to be on 14 days (two seven day periods) to get the second bag, as my husband thinks may be the case. Even if I am right, if memory serves, the policy says to allow 3 days for the laundry to be done. Does anyone know if I could leave my second bag on the 7th day, so I could get it back on time? Since we are staying on in Portugal after the cruise, it would be nice to be able to get that additional bag before we disembark. I know we can ask when we board, but since it might affect what we pack any knowledge or experience that can be provided would be much appreciated.

CLOU: In the past we were allowed an extra bag of laundry for the next part of a week.

On a 16 day we were allowed 3 bags; however this policy may have changed🙄

You would need to allow the full 3 days to get your laundry back in time, as a lot of pax like to take home clean clothes.

On Sojourn last month it took 3 & 1/2 days for mine to be to be returned ( at 5 pm on the last evening, as I was packing)

And does anyone know if I have to wait until after the 7th day to put in my second bag, even though if I put it in a day or so earlier it would not be delivered until after 7 days. If I have to wait, on a 10 day cruise, it would be cutting it tight to get it back.

And does anyone know if I have to wait until after the 7th day to put in my second bag, even though if I put it in a day or so earlier it would not be delivered until after 7 days. If I have to wait, on a 10 day cruise, it would be cutting it tight to get it back.

We did this on a slightly longer cruise and it wasn't a problem. They calculated it correctly that we were allowed 4 bags total over the duration of the cruise and had no issue with us putting in 3 bags in the first 7 days with our final one going in on the eighth day.

However, I would just double check with Seabourn Square when you board as these policies do seem to change from time to time.

Sorry, I would understand this sort of discussion on a Carnival board where you get a weeks worth of cruising for a few hundred Dollars. But wondering (stressing) about a "free" bag of laundry per week or not on a cruise line in this price bracket?

What we do for cruises (unless we are planning to impress anybody after dark 😉) is to but cheapo undergarments and socks from something like Kmart , wear them once and then dispose of them

Thus works usually out cheaper than having the stuff washed and it frees up shopping space in the luggage.

The only thing is that it tends to freak out the room attendants. Sir, this is a waste basket, not a laundry basket. 😎

Sorry, I would understand this sort of discussion on a Carnival board where you get a weeks worth of cruising for a few hundred Dollars. But wondering (stressing) about a "free" bag of laundry per week or not on a cruise line in this price bracket?

What we do for cruises (unless we are planning to impress anybody after dark [emoji6]) is to but cheapo undergarments and socks from something like Kmart , wear them once and then dispose of them

Thus works usually out cheaper than having the stuff washed and it frees up shopping space in the luggage.

The only thing is that it tends to freak out the room attendants. Sir, this is a waste basket, not a laundry basket. [emoji41]

And I would understand people wearing Kmart clothing on Carnival and not a line in this price bracket. Seriously, was that comment necessary?

What we do for cruises (unless we are planning to impress anybody after dark ) is to but cheapo undergarments and socks from something like Kmart , wear them once and then dispose of them

😎

And I would understand people wearing Kmart clothing on Carnival and not a line in this price bracket.

Only if you plan to wear nothing but your undies at dinner... In that case, only designer undies would do for Seabourn.

What we do for cruises (unless we are planning to impress anybody after dark [emoji6]) is to but cheapo undergarments and socks from something like Kmart , wear them once and then dispose of them

The only thing is that it tends to freak out the room attendants. Sir, this is a waste basket, not a laundry basket. [emoji41]

Seabourn guests have their undergarments made to measure so throwing them away is a little wasteful

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

Thanks Isklaar.

As to the comment about bringing disposable clothes rather than stress about laundry, I love this benefit. We can get a lot of clothes, well beyond socks and underwear, in that little Seabourn bag. It let's us pack less, not have to worry about finding a free washer to do laundry, and allows us to have some clean clothes for our brief extension after the cruise. Just because I enjoy and am fortunate enough to be able to afford a luxury cruise does not mean that I do not appreciate or decline to use a free benefit that is provided to me.

Thanks Isklaar.

As to the comment about bringing disposable clothes rather than stress about laundry, I love this benefit. We can get a lot of clothes, well beyond socks and underwear, in that little Seabourn bag. It let's us pack less, not have to worry about finding a free washer to do laundry, and allows us to have some clean clothes for our brief extension after the cruise. Just because I enjoy and am fortunate enough to be able to afford a luxury cruise does not mean that I do not appreciate or decline to use a free benefit that is provided to me.

I think that many of us appreciate this benefit too. And since Seabourn offers it as a benefit, I'm fairly certain they know how much their Club members appreciate it also.

The comment was uncalled for.

We'll continue to enjoy our Gold benefits regardless of people who try to shame us.;)

I just checked our benefits and even lowly silver members get one bag of laundry a week. As a woman, I am picky about underwear. We get incensed when a Brand discontinues our favorite.

That said, I won’t entrust these to the ships laundry. It is certainly okay for basics but not for any clothing requiring special care.

My laundry gets done for me every week when I’m at home. Why would it be any different while I’m gone? Plus I’d feel guilty bringing home an entire suitcase of dirty clothing for the housekeeper.

I just checked our benefits and even lowly silver members get one bag of laundry a week. As a woman, I am picky about underwear. We get incensed when a Brand discontinues our favorite.

That said, I won’t entrust these to the ships laundry. It is certainly okay for basics but not for any clothing requiring special care.

My wife won't either, and I must admit that since we've had complimentary laundry (previously I used the ship's self service laundry) my clothes look more "worn" after a cruise.

Ahem, I seem to remember reading while onboard the Encore last year that the ship's laundry will not wash underwear. In other words, you would have to wash underwear yourself in the self serve laundry room. Has anyone else read this?

SLSD I frequently will wash my own because they're delicate, but sometimes when feeling lazy I will just send them out as laundry is included. My husband always sends out his for laundering. I have sailed on all the ships bar Quest and Ovation and have not had any problem with getting underwear laundered.

We will be on Encore again this July and let you know if we encounter a problem.

Julie

Ahem, I seem to remember reading while onboard the Encore last year that the ship's laundry will not wash underwear. In other words, you would have to wash underwear yourself in the self serve laundry room. Has anyone else read this?

No, this is not the case, the Encore and all the Seabourn ship' laundries accept underwear, in fact it's itemised on the Laundry List

I am mystified as to where I read the no underwear in the laundry announcement. Good news if that is not the case! I remember thinking--well, that is not very helpful!

We are gold on a 16 day cruise a cool months ago and regardless of when we put the laundry in they correctly calculated our 3 free bags. As mentioned previously, its just a little perk but we all like a bit of a bargain:) One of the shirts I brought which was new and just meant to be worn with my swimming trunks had got a bit of a tear somehow, I put it into laundry anyway and miraculously someone in laundry had spotted it and had someone repair it, you couldn’t even tell there was a tear! That’s the Seabourn difference, I wish I’d mentioned it to house keeping but kept forgetting, such a nice touch, and of course no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums