Seabourn Soujourn and Alaska

ael123

I need some input from those of you who have sailed on Seabourn Sojourn or her sister ship. The last time we sailed Seabourn it was in Greece during the summer months and very warm. This July I am considering the 14 night Alaska cruise. I have been to Alaska before and I thought it was beautiful so I thought it might be a good choice to go again. My concern is I love to swim and when traveling to Alaska I wonder if Sojourn has a retractable cover so the pool can be used in the cooler climate or if there is an indoor pool. This past Christmas we sailed on Viking Sky which was a beautiful ship and had a retractable pool cover, heated floors in our bathroom and a large heated thalasso pool in the spa. So even when the weather was chilly or rainy I could swim in comfort every day. Last summer while in Scotland on Crystal we never used the pool because it was just too cold. I don't want to be in an area where the weather keeps me from swimming as that is my main form of exercise. Can those of you who have sailed on this ship tell me what if anything they do with the pool deck in the cooler weather. Do they heat the pool or do they drain it or is there a retractable cover to keep the air and pool warm? Thank you for any information you can provide.

I haven't been to Alaska yet, but I swam every day onboard Sojourn's sister ship Quest in Antarctica.

The two pools on each of the 6 Seabourn ships are open air, but sheltered.

They are usually kept at a (far too warm for serious swimming) 32c (90f)

Swimming is my main form of exercise as well, I swim most days in the open sea all year in Melbourne.

After our first cruise on Seabourn in 2010 I realised that I had to find a way to have a decent swim while onboard. I manage to swim 400 to 800 metres (1/2 mile) each day on the ship.

For some unknown reason I can no longer post photos here, so if you send me an email at my "name" above "at gmail.com" I'll email you the details (I'm not selling anything, I just don't want to disclose my system on an public forum)