Hot tub issues...?

Highly unlikely that the staph responsible for necrotizing would survive in the heat of the hot tub water. This kind of reporting is irresponsible as there was not mention of any investigation of the hot tub/hotel they stayed at.

Highly unlikely that the staph responsible for necrotizing would survive in the heat of the hot tub water. This kind of reporting is irresponsible as there was not mention of any investigation of the hot tub/hotel they stayed at.

It requires about 130*F to kill staph bacteria. I don't know of any hot tub that is kept at 130.

Just the reason the USPH/CDC requires higher chlorine levels, and stricter monitoring of chlorine levels in pools and hot tubs on ships than all state and local health codes.

Thank you as always for the factual response based on your direct industry experience. Always the objective voice of reason.

I also agree that this forum really is not the right place for the OP's information as, per chengkp75's response regarding ship board health safety practices, IMO there really is no correlation between a land based hotel and a ship that can be drawn regarding the risk of a similar issue with both.

I would hope that first time cruisers reading this thread will not draw undue concerns from this.

Recent news article.

Not trying to scare anyone, just something to think about.

https://nyp.st/2rC6rNv

To the potentially uninformed - in particular with novice cruisers visiting the first time cruisers board looking for information - I'm not sure, even with the disclaimer of not wanting to scare anyone, how "just something to think about" of this nature as posted with the article would have any other effect but to create concern. Fortunately chengpk75 saw the post and provided his response.

If that wasn't the intent, then why post the article in the first place? If after reading the article you had a concern of your own, perhaps just asking the question regarding how hot tubs on ships are maintained from a health safety standpoint may have been better approach. Just my opinion.