Port of Seattle - Bliss - 10:15 am flight

Hello. American recently changed a flight out of Seattle from 11:30am to 10:15am. If we get off at 8am supposedly, what are our chances?

Thanks.

Have you contacted AA? If they change the time like that you are supposed to be able to change your flight for no fee.

Isn't the pier at least 30 minutes from the port? Is 8:00 the ship arrival time or your intended time through customs?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

When you get onboard you will need to do what NCL calls a walkoff which means you need to carry off your own luggage and arrange for your own transportation from the port to the airport. You might be wise checking with AA to see if they have a later flight as NCL advises 4 hours after arrival for flights

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is commonly discussed on the West Coast Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

where Seattle is covered. Flights before 11am are not recommended, and some feel 11am is too early. TSA is slow at Seattle.

Like others, I would be talking to AA about switching your flight.

Typically it is not recommended to book a flight much earlier than noon on the day you arrive back in port. Making a 10:15am flight might be possible but talk about having everything line up just right. We have made a flight or two scheduled for an 11:30 departure (not Seattle) but that was getting off the ship by 7:15 and about a 20 minute drive to the airport. Also your ships scheduled arrival is 8:00 but it might be earlier or it might be later.

As suggested I would definitely talk to AA and tell them that the rescheduled flight is not possible and book you on a later flight. I had United do that to us once and worked with them to rebook. Had the same thing happen with PrincessAir. One year at Ft. Lauderdale we where in line and still a good half hour before we even got to TSA when a family in front of us flagged down a TSA agent. They asked how much longer they had to wait because their flight was scheduled to leave in 20 minutes. The agent looked at their tickets and fortunately for them they got moved to the front of the line. The rest of us in line just looked at each other in disbelief. Not sure if they made their flight or not.

I would suggest that you contact AA as soon as possible so that you have some options available.

Good luck.

Marty