Kids sail Free!

lais

My 8 year old son keeps begging to join us on Insignia this summer. Thank goodness it's our honeymoon so we can say no!

Honestly though, he'd love Oceania. He's happy with good food and good service, as long as he can bring a suitcase full of books and his Nintendo DS.

I am a little surprised because Oceania usually caters to a more mature cruiser. The most kids I’ve seen on Oceania is 1 so I’m not sure how other Oceania passengers would react to this promotion. One of the things I like about Oceania is the quietness of the cruisers so lots of kids would bother me. Don’t get me wrong, I like kids but I like vacations without them.

they have had some promotions before but I am sure that they control the amount you will not have hundreds onboard

They do offer programs for the children on those cruises to keep them busy

they have had some promotions before but I am sure that they control the amount you will not have hundreds onboard

They do offer programs for the children on those cruises to keep them busy

I hope you're right. Personally, I will stay away from any "kids sail free" itinerary. Simply can't take the chance.

people it is 4 sailings

some people like to travel with THEIR kids

they had the program for Alaska sailing in the past few years

not sure how many kids were on the sailings but did not hear of roving gangs on the ship so maybe it worked out

If you want kid free cruise do not sail on those 4 sailings you can sail to Bermuda at other times of the year or just do a land trip there

Seems like an odd fit of a promotion for Oceania

I agree. It is a strange promotion I have never seen children older than infants on board O, and then only perhaps one on any cruise. Is there to be a programme for children? An odd thing for O to do. J.

I agree. It is a strange promotion I have never seen children older than infants on board O, and then only perhaps one on any cruise. Is there to be a programme for children? An odd thing for O to do. J.

it is not strange at all they have offered the KSF cruises before

I've seen children on most of the Oceania cruises I've been on, just not very many. Somewhere between 1 to 6, and I've never been on one of the KSF or special Alaska cruises.

There were 19 children on an Alaska cruise two years ago. We took our then 10 year old twin grandsons and they loved it. All the children seem to have gotten the same lecture from their parents, were appropriately dressed in the grand dining room and specialties, and participated in a great kids program. They are begging for a chance to go on another Oceania cruise. Children who are generally well-behaved, like to read and entertain themselves, and understand that us old folks want a peaceful cruise experience will be a good fit. Kids who tend to be rowdy, like to run around and shout, and do cannonballs in the pool are going to get a lot of frosty looks and complaints from adult cruisers.

Mary

I think there were 12-15 on our cruise from Iceland to NY last summer. (Not a promotional sailing - most were with a multi-family group. 1 was my then 16 year old son). While I know many long-time cruisers don't like sailing with children - at some point Oceania has to develop the next generation of clientele. Not saying they should put in kids clubs on every trip - but four sailings in a year gives families a taste of a cruiseline that they may return to.

I hope you're right. Personally, I will stay away from any "kids sail free" itinerary. Simply can't take the chance.

The promotion just started, after final payment. You wouldn’t be able to choose.

Oh well, we’re on one of these sailings. We do prefer O for the lack of children, but I guess we’ll have to make the best of it.

Note to self: don’t even think of dining in the evening before 8:30...it should be a kid free zone at that time. :D

How many triple & quad cabins are there from B2 to OS ?

Do you think they will all be maxed out ?

It will be nothing like KSF on any of the main stream lines

How many triple & quad cabins are there from B2 to OS ?

Do you think they will all be maxed out ?

It will be nothing like KSF on any of the main stream lines

Thanks Lyn..that is an excellent point! I have just breathed a huge sigh of relief.

I can choose not to book at all with any cruise line that offers kids sail free programs.

What I meant is that the promotion started after final payment date passed so if you are already booked and paid you don’t have that choice anymore.

Can anyone verify that FOR SURE they will have the kids programming available? I didn't see that in the brochure. I get it, they're free, but if I'm bringing my kids onboard, I don't want to play 10,000 games of Uno, I'd like it to be closer to 5,000 games, and have some time off and put them in the kids program. I've only seen the program on the Alaska cruises.