North America based customers receiving UK mailings?

eroller

I'm a US based Cunard customer and fairly recently I've been receiving UK based mailings and emails.

My Cunarder (World Club magazine) came from the UK and this was the first time that happened. Then yesterday I received a Cunard promotional mailing also from the UK. It was geared towards UK customers and all the prices were in pounds. Today I received an email from Cunard/UK about the new GDPR (General Data Protection Data Regulation) requirements and that I must register my account. I realize this doesn't currently impact North America but I clicked to register my account anyway. It could not validate my Cunard World Club membership number as I assume they are different for UK and US members.

Anyway it's all a bit confusing and I'm not sure why I'm suddenly receiving mailings and promotions from the UK. I'm curious if any other US based members have been experiencing the same?

I did send an email to guestrelations@cunard.com to see if they could explain.

Never heard back from the email I sent. Great service Cunard. UGH. I did call the Diamond World Club number and it was answered as "Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Club". I'm Elite with Princess as well, but it took me off guard. I asked if she could help me with Cunard's World Club. She replied yes she does both Cunard and Princess. Anyway long story short everything is in order according to her and she has no idea why I'm getting UK mailings. She also never heard of the GDPR that is required for EU members. It's all a little strange.