BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:24 PM.
1,453 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Just decided to book a last minute cruise for Friday on the Celebration - I love that I can book a 2 day and be back before the school week starts again - Anyways if you need to know anything please post here and I will try my best to figure it out for you
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
53 Nights at Sea!

Past Cruises
Carnival Legend - Alaska - 7 Nights - 06/12/2018
Bahamas Celebration - Freeport - 2 Nights - 05/22/2018
Carnival Liberty - Nassau - 3 Nights - 08/31/17
MSC Divina - W Carribean - 7 Nights - 12/23/16
Carnival Valor - Nassau & Freeport - 3 Nights - 12/11/16
Carnival Victory - Nassau - 3 Nights - 09/01/16
Bahamas Celebration - Freeport - 2 Nights - 3/31/16
Norwegian Epic - Barcelona - 9 Nights - 12/19/15
Carnival Sensation - Nassau - 3 Nights - 09/03/15
Carnival Sensation - Nassau -3 Nights - 04/30/15
Disney Fantasy - East Caribbean - 7 Nights - 12/19/14
Carnival Paradise - Cozumel - 4 Nights - 12/19/13
1,453 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Change that to we are leaving Tuesday - Totally forgot I had plans for Saturday with Girl Scouts - Thankfully when I called they said they could change it without fee since I had just booked it an hour before
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
53 Nights at Sea!

Past Cruises
Florida
3,839 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
What are you doing in Freeport?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL- Mariner 04 (GS) Majesty (GS) Jewel (GS) Enchantment (RS) Freedom (OS) Voyager - Med 07 (GS) Monarch (GS) Majesty (GS) Oasis (CL) Explorer (GS) Allure (D1) Liberty (GS) Explorer (JS) Quantum (D7) Quantum (SJ) Enchantment (GS) Liberty (JS) Symphony (J4) 17 cruises
Carnival - Victory (PH) Sensation (S1) Legend (PH) Miracle (GS) Victory (8C) 5 cruises
Seabourn - Pride (All Suite) Quest (PH) 2 cruises
Disney - Wonder (5D) Dream (4D) 2 cruises
Princess - Star (PH) Crown (PH) Royal (MA) Regal (MC) Ocean - British Islands 14 (MB) Regal (M1) 6 cruises
Cunard - QM2 - July 05 (A1) QM2 July 10 (Q6) QE August 15 (BA) 3 cruises
NCL - Dawn (AF) Pearl (GV) Jewel (A3) Dawn (AF) Spirit (OS) Gem (A2) Dawn (AB) Jewel (A3) Epic (A3) Gem (BE) Star (SF) Jade - Turkey 12 (S2) Gem (S5) Breakaway (S4) Escape (M2) Sky (Cuba) (BB) 16 cruises
Celebrity - Constellation (CC) Century (PH) Solstice (S1) Summit (SS) Millennium (S1) Reflection (S1) Constellation (RS) Edge (E1) 8 cruises
HAL - Westerdam 06 Alaska (SA) Eurodam (PS) Koningsdam (V) (B) twice 4 cruises
Crystal - Symphony (A1) 1 cruise
Silversea - Whisper (V3) 1 cruise
VikingOcean - Sun(PV3) 1 cruise
Virgin Voyages

65 cruises so far...

Coming Up...

Viking Sun (PV3) 12/27/2018
Celebrity Edge (S2) 4/14/2019
Symphony of the Seas (J4) 5/25/2019
Virgin Voyages 2020
1,453 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
If it's raining staying on the boat since we have been to Freeport before if not raining gonna hop a taxi and go to thus great little conch shack near the marketplace
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
53 Nights at Sea!

Past Cruises
4 Posts
Joined May 2018
DONT DO IT!!! i've been trying to get a call back from a manager or someone of power since SATURDAY. this is my recept expierence:
My husband and I booked a 2 day 3 night cruiseto the Bahamas for May 12th- May 14th out of the Port ofPalm Beach Florida. We arrived about 6 hours prior to the ships disembark timeand sat through a 2 hour time share presentation. After this presentation weare sent to the front of the registration line to complete our registration. Weprovided our original birth certificate and a picture I.D., we were given ourship ID cards and were brought onto the boat. This was around 11am. We wanderedthe ship, and after being harassed quite aggressively by servers who spoke NO Englishwe purchased a drink package and overpriced cups to drink them out of. We wereboth about 2 drinks in when the manager knocked on our cabin door. After THREEHOURS of being aboard the ship, spending money & drinking alcohol I wastold that my license was expired. Instead of having us pack our belonging comfortably,the manager proceeded to lock our cabin door OPEN and stood over us while sherushed us to re-pack what we just spend a half hour unpacking. The manager saidthey had been debating for HOURS if my ID was in fact expired, so she willinglyadmitted they left us aboard this ship to spend a bunch of money and consume alcoholknowing they were possibly going to be removing me from it. After that, she proceedsto tell me I can renew my license online and the woman at the check-in counterwould walk me through the steps to do so. The website took $20 and it wasn’tthe official Florida DMV website, it was a knock-off website selling a bogus ‘licensehow-to’ manual, NOT the correct website to renew my drivers license. I’ve YETto receive my refund from that company. Then my husband and I had to sit in theparking lot because we were tipsy from the drinks we consumed. After finallymaking it home Saturday afternoon, I proceeded to reach out to ANYONE to talkto about this horribly unprofessional experience but was told no managers werenow on site. I left a detailed message and have YET to receive a call back. Notonly was the staff obviously unable to do their job correctly, they were rude,lacked empathy or understanding and threatened to have my husband arrestedbecause we were explaining our situation with fellow passengers. We should haveNEVER BEEN ALOUD ON THIS SHIP. Not only did we waste money that we have yet to receiveback, but we were put in danger when being allowed to consume alcoholic drinks andthen being forced to drive back home. Word of mouth is the best advertisement anyone can have. The woman’sname who let me aboard the ship was Lauren, she has dyed red/brown hair and iswhite skinned: this employee doesn’t know how to do her job. If she had doneher job correctly I would’ve gone home safely without drinking anything. I amso very distraught over this entire situation and the company has done nothingto reach back out to me, no one even apologized to me at the port.

you get what you pay for
1,453 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
First I have been on this boat before and never had an issue nor has anyone else that I have known - time share presentations is a choice that you make its not forced

Second this sounds like it was your fault to begin with - You should have not tried getting on the ship with an expired license - This is YOUR fault not the ship's fault they can't control the fact that you decided to try and get on the ship and leave the company with invalid identification - granted they should not have let you on the ship to begin with but perhaps they were trying to be nice and let you get on but then they realized they could get in trouble who knows why they let you on the ship either way in the future i strongly suggest that you have proper identification before trying to get on a cruise ship
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
53 Nights at Sea!

Past Cruises
3,189 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by thedaniels35710
DONT DO IT!!! i've been trying to get a call back from a manager or someone of power since SATURDAY. this is my recept expierence:
My husband and I booked a 2 day 3 night cruiseto the Bahamas for May 12th- May 14th out of the Port ofPalm Beach Florida. We arrived about 6 hours prior to the ships disembark timeand sat through a 2 hour time share presentation. After this presentation weare sent to the front of the registration line to complete our registration. Weprovided our original birth certificate and a picture I.D., we were given ourship ID cards and were brought onto the boat. This was around 11am. We wanderedthe ship, and after being harassed quite aggressively by servers who spoke NO Englishwe purchased a drink package and overpriced cups to drink them out of. We wereboth about 2 drinks in when the manager knocked on our cabin door. After THREEHOURS of being aboard the ship, spending money & drinking alcohol I wastold that my license was expired. Instead of having us pack our belonging comfortably,the manager proceeded to lock our cabin door OPEN and stood over us while sherushed us to re-pack what we just spend a half hour unpacking. The manager saidthey had been debating for HOURS if my ID was in fact expired, so she willinglyadmitted they left us aboard this ship to spend a bunch of money and consume alcoholknowing they were possibly going to be removing me from it. After that, she proceedsto tell me I can renew my license online and the woman at the check-in counterwould walk me through the steps to do so. The website took $20 and it wasn’tthe official Florida DMV website, it was a knock-off website selling a bogus ‘licensehow-to’ manual, NOT the correct website to renew my drivers license. I’ve YETto receive my refund from that company. Then my husband and I had to sit in theparking lot because we were tipsy from the drinks we consumed. After finallymaking it home Saturday afternoon, I proceeded to reach out to ANYONE to talkto about this horribly unprofessional experience but was told no managers werenow on site. I left a detailed message and have YET to receive a call back. Notonly was the staff obviously unable to do their job correctly, they were rude,lacked empathy or understanding and threatened to have my husband arrestedbecause we were explaining our situation with fellow passengers. We should haveNEVER BEEN ALOUD ON THIS SHIP. Not only did we waste money that we have yet to receiveback, but we were put in danger when being allowed to consume alcoholic drinks andthen being forced to drive back home. Word of mouth is the best advertisement anyone can have. The woman’sname who let me aboard the ship was Lauren, she has dyed red/brown hair and iswhite skinned: this employee doesn’t know how to do her job. If she had doneher job correctly I would’ve gone home safely without drinking anything. I amso very distraught over this entire situation and the company has done nothingto reach back out to me, no one even apologized to me at the port.

you get what you pay for
From their website

U.S. Citizens: All U.S. citizens must have valid proof of citizenship. While a passport is highly recommended, passengers can travel with an original birth certificate issued by a U.S. government agency (not from a hospital) and a valid government issued photo ID, in place of passport.Passport cards and enhanced driver’s licenses are also acceptable forms of documentation.

And you got on with an expired ID.....If you would have read the criteria BEFORE you booked, then you would have known that. IF you realized after you booked that it was expired, well then, .........you might have to cancel or rebook until you have valid ID.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

2018 Caribbean Princess - 10 night September 8 - Princess Cays, St Thomas, St. Kitts, St Marteen, St Lucia Antigua
2018 Royal Princess - 10 night - February 28 - March 10 Princess Cay,St Thomas, St. Kitts, St Lucia, Barbados
2017 Regal Princess 10 night October 26 - November 5 - New York to Ft Lauderdale
2017 Crown Princess 5 night March 20 - 25 RT Ft Lauderdale--Amber Cove, Grand Turk
2016 Caribbean Princess 8 night -- November 5--Ft Lauderdale RT ABC Islands
2015 Regal Princess 5 night --November 3 - 8 Ft Lauderdale RT Back to Back
2015 Regal Princess 10 night -- October 24 New York to Ft Lauderdale
2014 Royal Princess 10 night -- October 25 New York to Ft Lauderdale
2013 Caribbean Princess October 26 -- 10 night New York to Houston
2013 Caribbean Princess April 13 -- 7 night Ft Lauderdale RT
2012 Caribbean Princess October 31-- 10 night New York to Ft Lauderdale (Hurricane Sandy) Actually 11/2 -- 11/10 Delay due to hurricane
2011 Caribbean Princess October 29 --10 night New York to Ft Lauderdale (NorEaster)
2010 Norwegian Star - 10 night October 25 - Nov 4- Miami - Miami
2009 Celebrity Constellation October 30 -- Bayonne - Miami
2007 RCCL Empress of the Seas October 27 -- Philadelphia - San Juan
2006 Norwegian Spirit 11 night October 29 -- Nov 9 New York to New York (Freezing Cold)
2004 RCCL Empress of the Seas - Sept 18 -Bayonne to Bayonne
2003 Celebrity Century July -- Ft Lauderdale - Ft Lauderdale
1995 - 1999 Regal Cruises Regal Empress --Feb 24, 95, May 10, 96, May 27, 97, Aug 3, 97, March 27, 98,Aug 23, 98, Aug 1, 99 (7X)
1994 - 1995 Dolphin Line Seabreeze-- Two times - April 3, 1994
1992 - 1993 Chandris Line Britannis-- Two times April 16, 1993
1991 Crown Cruise Line Crown Monarch --Cruise that started it all.......July 27- Aug 3
New York City
1,273 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
First post, long misspelled rant. Why does this seem so familiar?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Miami-Havana-Miami (1951: P&O S.S. Florida)

Miami-Ocho Rios-Grand Cayman-Miami

Lisbon-Cadiz-Casablanca-Funchal-Ft. Lauderdale

New York-St. George-Hamilton-New York
1,453 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Originally posted by myfuzzy
From their website

U.S. Citizens: All U.S. citizens must have valid proof of citizenship. While a passport is highly recommended, passengers can travel with an original birth certificate issued by a U.S. government agency (not from a hospital) and a valid government issued photo ID, in place of passport.Passport cards and enhanced driver’s licenses are also acceptable forms of documentation.

And you got on with an expired ID.....If you would have read the criteria BEFORE you booked, then you would have known that. IF you realized after you booked that it was expired, well then, .........you might have to cancel or rebook until you have valid ID.
In my opinion they should lose their money its not the cruise ships fault for what happened and they should not have to lose money because of someone's stupidity of trying to leave the country with invalid id
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
53 Nights at Sea!

Past Cruises
Stuart, Florida
1,097 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
The first mistake was the guest who did not have proper identification. The second mistake was the cruise line employee/contractor who did not detect the problem before allowing the guest to board the ship. The third mistake was the cruise line employee who sounds like they were unnecessarily impolite in handling the situation. The identification rule is a US government requirement. The cruise line has no say in that. They MUST enforce the requirement. But they (cruise line) should be considerate of the guest in all cases and does share a portion of the blame for allowing the guest to board without proper id.
Gordon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Grand Classica - August 2018
Grand Celebration - September 2018
Symphony of the Seas - Transatlantic October 2018 - Souvenir Pins - http://www.westgp.us/SymphonyTAPins/
Independence of the Seas - November 2018 (tentative)
MSC Seaside - December 2018 (will probably reschedule)
MSC Armonia - January 2019
Our trips - http://www.westgp.us/trips

4 Posts
Joined May 2018
ya'll obviously dont understand why i'm upset.. the company messed up by LETTING ME ON THE BOAT. PERIOD. because of their inability to do their job i got drunk and spent money that i HAVEN'T BEEN REIMBURSED FOR. that's their fault, not mine. yes my id was expired, but i should've not been aloud on the boat period. all they care about is taking your money. the dmv website they had me go on way a fake, way unprofessional.
4 Posts
Joined May 2018
Originally posted by gpw45
The first mistake was the guest who did not have proper identification. The second mistake was the cruise line employee/contractor who did not detect the problem before allowing the guest to board the ship. The third mistake was the cruise line employee who sounds like they were unnecessarily impolite in handling the situation. The identification rule is a US government requirement. The cruise line has no say in that. They MUST enforce the requirement. But they (cruise line) should be considerate of the guest in all cases and does share a portion of the blame for allowing the guest to board without proper id.
Gordon
that's why i'm upset. they're job was to make sure everything was legit before letting me on the boat. they didn't want to own up to their mistake and rather shifted ALL of it on me. I'm taking blame for having an expired ID, did i know at the time no, should i have checked yes. But they messed up by letting me on the boat period. getting me drunk and then kicking me off.
New York City
1,273 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Did you drive to the ship with your expired ID? Did you drive away from the ship while drunk? Perhaps you're lucky not to be in jail.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Miami-Havana-Miami (1951: P&O S.S. Florida)

Miami-Ocho Rios-Grand Cayman-Miami

Lisbon-Cadiz-Casablanca-Funchal-Ft. Lauderdale

New York-St. George-Hamilton-New York
4 Posts
Joined May 2018
Originally posted by Langoustine
Did you drive to the ship with your expired ID? Did you drive away from the ship while drunk? Perhaps you're lucky not to be in jail.
they're job was to make sure everything was legit before letting me on the boat. they didn't want to own up to their mistake and rather shifted ALL of it on me. I'm taking blame for having an expired ID, did i know at the time no, should i have checked yes. But they messed up by letting me on the boat period. getting me drunk and then kicking me off.
1,453 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Originally posted by thedaniels35710
i got drunk and spent money that i HAVEN'T BEEN REIMBURSED FOR. that's their fault, not mine.
Negative you chose to get drunk and spend that money and you should not be reimbursed for that

You also chose to show up at the port with an expired driver's licenses - I mean seriously what traveler does not know that you need valid ID to travel on a cruise ship

You are doing nothing but blaming them for stuff that is your fault and you should really take responsibility for your part in this
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
53 Nights at Sea!

Past Cruises
Stuart, FL by way of North Shore, MA
1,116 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
I had a lovely time on the 5/12 cruise. You always need to show up to the dock with proper documentation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

I Love Transatlantics
Stuart, Florida
1,097 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Yes, the guest made in a mistake and has accepted responsibility for that. (I doubt that they CHOSE to show up with expired ID). Cruise lines sometimes contract our the check-in. So either the cruise line or the contractor failed to detect the required ID was expired. And the cruise line employee should have been more polite. The responsibility for problems 2 and 3 lie with employees. The cruise line should respond with at least an apology for the second and third issues.

I know I won't make the first mistake. I have a passport that is valid until 2025. But if there is any incident on board, I want to be sure that the cruise staff will be courteous.
Gordon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Grand Classica - August 2018
Grand Celebration - September 2018
Symphony of the Seas - Transatlantic October 2018 - Souvenir Pins - http://www.westgp.us/SymphonyTAPins/
Independence of the Seas - November 2018 (tentative)
MSC Seaside - December 2018 (will probably reschedule)
MSC Armonia - January 2019
Our trips - http://www.westgp.us/trips

1,453 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Originally posted by gpw45
Yes, the guest made in a mistake and has accepted responsibility for that. (I doubt that they CHOSE to show up with expired ID). Cruise lines sometimes contract our the check-in. So either the cruise line or the contractor failed to detect the required ID was expired. And the cruise line employee should have been more polite. The responsibility for problems 2 and 3 lie with employees. The cruise line should respond with at least an apology for the second and third issues.

I know I won't make the first mistake. I have a passport that is valid until 2025. But if there is any incident on board, I want to be sure that the cruise staff will be courteous.
Gordon
They have not taken responsibility she keeps screaming about it being a scam and that it's all their fault and really there are 2 sides to every story who knows what her and her husband did or said in their drunken stupor for the staff to act the way they did I mean I have been on my fair share of cruises and I have never seen the staff act rude towards guests even when the guests are being total a$$holes so my guess is that they were drunk and being rude to cause such action from the staff
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
53 Nights at Sea!

Past Cruises
Stuart, FL by way of North Shore, MA
1,116 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by bnorris10
They have not taken responsibility she keeps screaming about it being a scam and that it's all their fault and really there are 2 sides to every story who knows what her and her husband did or said in their drunken stupor for the staff to act the way they did I mean I have been on my fair share of cruises and I have never seen the staff act rude towards guests even when the guests are being total a$$holes so my guess is that they were drunk and being rude to cause such action from the staff
Exactly.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

I Love Transatlantics