How do you avoid all the things we shouldn't eat day or night

Do you do low carb or just make your portions right

Whatever you do to lose weight

Keep doing it and keep it straight

How good and healthy you'll look

Everyone will want you to write a book

You'll be rich and famous in your own way

But don't forget us on Thursday Weigh-In Day:cool:

Good morning all. Down 2.5 for me this week. Usual plan of smoothie, minimal food through the day, a reasonable dinner then walk as much as possible before time to get ready for the next day. I need a vacation. :)

I hope your weeks were successful. I'll check back later.

Mike

Good morning to all. I'm back. I need to rid myself of about 10/15 pounds before my back2back cruise later this year. I excercise regularly at the gym and walk the the local track at least 3 days a week. I have a love/hate relationship with all things sweet. Need I say more.

Hopefully, posting weekly here with like minded people will keep me on track. Until next Thursday. I will add a Thursday posting reminder to my iPad calendar to make sure I post weekly.

Thanks for the good thoughts this morning, Belle.

Congrats on the loss, Mike:D

Morning, Jan. Welcome back, Goldconnection.

I had a 1# gain this week:( Not surprising, but still a little sad. Not going to let it derail me though, just get back on track.

My hip has been bothering me a lot lately, plus it's time for my monthly migraine so I'm struggling. I think I need to focus on diet and stretching more this week. My running book has some good core exercises that I'm going to incorporate this week instead of the burpees. I was glad to see some core strength come back by doing them, but I think they are too hard on my joints at my current weight.

Have a great week all!

200.8 SW 3-5-18 (when back from last cruise)

195.4 CW

175.0 GW 9-13-18 (last weigh-in before next cruise)

Edited by pacruise804
missed two posters

Hello,

Belle, great poem. Words to love by........

I had a good week, down 3 lbs. Now I just have to keep going.

Mike, good loss.

Jan, so glad you are checking in. I'm sure you'll have some good losses to report.

Gold Connection, glad you are here. Good luck with thw weight loss, so difficult.

Have a nice everyone.

Diana

Congrats on the loss Mike and Diana.

pacruise, Jan and goldconnection, good luck for a loss next week.

I am down 1.8 this morning. I am trying to exercise more and keeps my carbs low. I am diabetic so the low carbs is my way of life not just a weight loss program. But, it is hard because I am a bread and pasta lover.

Only 9.4 lbs to cruise goal weight and 9 weeks until I leave. I can do it!

Rose

I have to wait until tomorrow for my weigh in because I do them on Fridays- but this will be week 1, so very anxious to see how I did! I've cut almost everything out of my diet except fruits, veggies, eggs and lean meat. Exercise is done on the elliptical throughout the day, and many crunches. I can already feel that my ab muscles are feeling tight, feels good. :)

I'll have to check back in tomorrow with the actual weigh in.

Hello Everyone!

I was down on Wed. but today I was stay the same. Go figure.

Keep on trying. Hoping could lose a couple of pounds before my

cruise on the 26th.

Mike.. Congrats on your loss. Doing good on eating and walking. You have

a cruise this year don't you?

Jan..So good to see your name here. You can weigh today doesn't have to

be only on Thursday. So glad your coming back.

Gold..Your sure doing good on exercise. You'll be ready for your b2b.

I have a weakness for sweets too.

Pacruise..Sorry your not feeling well. That's probably why your up. Hope you

feel better soon.

Diana..What did you do differently? Great loss for the week. Are you walking

more or not eating out as much?

Rose..Good loss. Just think if could lose a pound a week before your cruise. Goal!

Trouble is sounds easy but it's not, we know..Be happy with what ever you lose.

Cyn..Doing good with your eating and exercise. Hope you have a loss on Friday.

Katmu..Going back to school. What classes are you taking? Will be nice to see your son.

Jo , shootr, ncovert and cruise 42... see you all soon. Hope you had a good week.

Everyone had a pretty good week, some better than others but we all keep trying.

Never Give Up!

Edited by Belle

Thanks, Bella. How exciting that your cruise is so soon! Where are you going? Mine isn't until April 2019, so I'm living vicariously through others in the meantime. ;)

Did my week one weigh in this morning and was excited to see I lost 3 pounds! Off to a good start.

Thanks, Bella. How exciting that your cruise is so soon! Where are you going? Mine isn't until April 2019, so I'm living vicariously through others in the meantime. ;)

Did my week one weigh in this morning and was excited to see I lost 3 pounds! Off to a good start.

cyn, awesome loss. Congratulations!

I weighed myself this morning ... in the last two weeks of steadily eating 1400-1500 calories per day ... I have lost a total of 0.4# ick .... I'm sure it is the medications! Jan

:( Don't give up, Jan. A few years ago I was on Prednisone for a severe reaction to poison ivy. I was eating right and exercising but gained a pound per day that I was on it:eek: Fortunately the weight came off right away but it was very frustrating:mad:

Sometimes that can happen.. weigh in day is always nerve wracking since there are times we know we worked SO hard during the week, and nothing. It can be discouraging, I know, but don't give up!

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice ditty.:D

I'm down 0.2 lbs, nothing to brag about but at least not a gain.

My DH is on my back about my weight so I've started MFP again, cut out my afternoon cookies, candies after lunch & have done more exercise than usual. Sure hope it works!!

Have a nice weekend, it's a holiday one here.

~ Jo ~ :)

Rose, Jan, Cyn and Jo, congrats on your losses.

Belle,

I always exercise a lot. Difference this week is not snacking on hubby's goodies. Hubby has bad snack habits. Generally I snack on yogurt and fruit. I always do better when I eat those kinds of items. Plus we didn't eat out much.

Belle, nice your cruise is soon. Always nice to look forward to that.

Have a good day everyone.

Diana

Hi Jan, I am going to Hawaii on Ruby Princess in April 2019. Thankfully I have a good amount of time to prepare!

We were in Hawaii for the first time in March ... It was truly amazing and very port intensive We did NCL, so it was from Honolulu back to Honolulu ... every day was port ... we were up by 6 each day (we went with DH's Brothers and their wives) ... great time, but next time I would do a repositioning at the end - up to Vancouver or Seattle. Have you ever been there before? .... I found that Kauai was as close to perfection that I have ever seen. Jan

We were in Hawaii for the first time in March ... It was truly amazing and very port intensive We did NCL, so it was from Honolulu back to Honolulu ... every day was port ... we were up by 6 each day (we went with DH's Brothers and their wives) ... great time, but next time I would do a repositioning at the end - up to Vancouver or Seattle. Have you ever been there before? .... I found that Kauai was as close to perfection that I have ever seen. Jan

No, this will be my first time to Hawaii! The only other cruise I've done was Carnival Pride to Mexico back around 2005-007. (We did that one twice.)

I've been slowly checking out the lists of excursions, haven't made any decisions yet. I really would like to see some lava, volcanic rock, maybe something up around the volcano rim. The one problem is that my parents have back and knee problems and can't do a lot of walking, much less hiking on uneven ground, so I have to research carefully.

I'd LOVE to do one of the trips up to Seattle and Vancouver one day, and/or something to Alaska. That's #1 on my bucket list.

Hello everyone. Great to see all the activity this week. I haven't been getting notifications for some reason though so I don't remember to check in as much. Anyway, I'm always happy to hear how everyone is doing, good or not so good.

I've ranted about medications plenty here. Definitely the culprit for a lot of my problems over the years. I'm to the point now I'm hesitant to take anything for fear it'll mess with my weight. Though, I have been persuaded to do some allergy meds now as this spring has been been a pain.

I do have a cruise coming up June 13. We're sailing on the Carnival Horizon. She'll arrive in New York this Wednesday. I love sailing on new ships when they first arrive in New York. Vacation starts June 9th in Pittsburgh then 3 nights in New York before sailing. My hope is to document the whole thing on my blog as we go. Sometimes I'm able to do that well and sometimes not. Thought about a live thread on cruise critic, but haven't decided yet. Guess it depends what I feel like at the time. Hopefully you guys can tag along. :)

Enjoy your Sundays gang! Talk to you soon.

Mike

First time posting on this board. Last Christmas, I decided I had to do something about my weight. I had ballooned up to 335# (6 ft 2in), and I could not tie my own shoes or walk out to the mail box and back without being seriously winded. I was wheezing, Doctor said I had metabolic syndrome and had to lose weight! DW and I decided we would do this together and we started Nutrisystem 100 days ago. The food is alright, some is delicious. I am on 1500 calories a day and sometimes don't even eat that much. I am 73 and walk most days.

I have to say I am proud of myself! I have lost 54 pounds in the last 100 days!:D

We are cruising in October on Harmony and I am trying to get down to 225.

Mark

First time posting on this board. Last Christmas, I decided I had to do something about my weight. I had ballooned up to 335# (6 ft 2in), and I could not tie my own shoes or walk out to the mail box and back without being seriously winded. I was wheezing, Doctor said I had metabolic syndrome and had to lose weight! DW and I decided we would do this together and we started Nutrisystem 100 days ago. The food is alright, some is delicious. I am on 1500 calories a day and sometimes don't even eat that much. I am 73 and walk most days.

I have to say I am proud of myself! I have lost 54 pounds in the last 100 days!:D

Mark

Hi Mark. Welcome. Hope you'll stop in every week. We're always here. (a new thread each week, but you know what I mean) :)

Thats fantastic progress! I've lost around that much but its been probably a year and a half. A friend was on nutrisystem several years back and it worked very well for him. I wish you all the best. Boarding the Harmony at 225 will be fantastic for you!

Mike

Ok --- I've been away so long that I have to ask .... what does everyone have for a cruise coming up????

Eastern Caribbean this September on Carnival Pride. Nothing terribly exiting, but looking forward to getting away and doing nothing but relaxing for a week:cool:

Mark

Welcome, Mark! Great job with taking care of your health and working together with your wife. My husband and I do much better together than on our own:hearteyes:

This is a busy week for us, with lots of "social" eating involved. Sports Banquet tonight for our son, I'm bringing a spinach salad so I know there will be at least one healthy option.

Have a great week all!

Welcome Mark, great weight loss. Congratulations.

Mike, hmmm, will have to read some reviews about the Horizon. Haven't been following new ships. Hubby and I both turned Diamond with Carnival on these last cruises we did. Yeah, unlimited complimentary wash and fold laundry!

Hubby and I had lunch out Friday and Saturday and dinner out last night. Not good I know. Hopefully Thursday's weigh in doesn't show a gain.......

Have a good day, Diana