Airfare from Barcelona

Queenbee315

I'm taking a cruise from Barcelona next March. Trying to determine what time I should book a flight home on the return. NCL says the ship docks at 5 a.m. on Sunday. Is a 9 a.m. flight from BCN to JFK to early to take? If so, what is the earliest time I should book a flight? Any input is appreciated. Thank you,

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Docking at 5am doesn't mean getting off at 5:05. Then there is travel to the airport (20-30 minutes). And, as you are flying direct to the US, you need to allow extra time for extra security.

You might be able to make a 9am flight, but there are several things out of your control, so this will be very stressful.

Enjoy a night in BCN, and take the 9am flight the next day.

I'm taking a cruise from Barcelona next March. Trying to determine what time I should book a flight home on the return. NCL says the ship docks at 5 a.m. on Sunday. Is a 9 a.m. flight from BCN to JFK to early to take? If so, what is the earliest time I should book a flight? Any input is appreciated. Thank you,

As Bruce said, you won't start disembarking immediately. How long after arrival does your ship typically begin disembarkation in Barcelona? I would ask the cruise line this, and/or other pax on the appropriate ports board who have done this cruise before.

Then you need to know if you will be self-disembarking with all of your luggage, or waiting for your group to be called to collect luggage disembark and collect luggage in the terminal.

Also, what is your itinerary? i.e. will you be going through customs upon arrival in Barcelona?

What sort of transportation are you planning on from port to airport?

Lastly, what is your airline's policy on check-in cut off, luggage check cut off, and required time to be in the boarding area? For that last one, you'll need to find out what the typical wait times are to get through security at BCN.

For me personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with a 9am departure, but you'll need to determine answers to the above before you can decide if you are comfortable with it or not.