Hotel Suggestions?

JohnCH

We will be on CroisiEurope cruises in October with additional days in Bordeaux and Porto. Both are popular river cruise ports. Any moderate priced hotel recommendations? Thank you for your help!

I stayed at Hotel Continental Bordeaux last year for 105 Euros. I chose it as I was able to take the line 1 tram from the airport for less than 2 euros a person and walk from the stop to the hotel. Center of the city with lots of restaurants around. Clean and comfortable.

In Bordeaux I can recommend the Hotel Majestic. It’s centrally located on a quiet street close to the Opera. The central pedestrian area is nearby and it is very close to two of the tram lines. The service was friendly and the rooms quite comfortable and roomy.

In Porto, I’ll be staying this Friday night at the Ribeira do Porto Hotel before joining the Emerald Radiance on Saturday. It’s just steps from the riverfront. I’ll report back on the hotel shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We were on a Viking River cruise in August 2015 and stayed at the Mercure Bordeaux Cite Mondiale Centre Ville Hotel in Bordeaux. This hotel was easy to get to from the airport, 2 buses and a short walk, plus it is a short walk to where the boats are docked. It was walking distance to restaurants, and downtown too.