Georgetown area in Seattle for pre cruise visit?

twocats

I have been looking for inexpensive lodging but clean, close enough to site-see around downtown Seattle. A clean and simple place would be great. Anyone know anything about Georgetown area specifically Georgetown Inn. We are planning 3 days before a cruise and a day or two after.

I have been looking for inexpensive lodging but clean, close enough to site-see around downtown Seattle. A clean and simple place would be great. Anyone know anything about Georgetown area specifically Georgetown Inn. We are planning 3 days before a cruise and a day or two after.

I have never heard of the hotel but you will be within a mile of what might be the best micro-brewery in the entire country :) .

Georgetown is a rather industrial area sandwiched between Boeing Field (busy general aviation and airfreight airport) and the I-5 freeway. It's slowly gentrifying, with some very trendy pubs and cafes, as well as some funky things like a trailer park shopping mall. Visually it's quite scruffy, but I don't think you'd find it unsafe feeling, but you WOULD find it quite disconnected from everything else. There are a couple of bus routes that are walkable from the hotel, but it's a pretty long way downtown, and a cab will probably run $20+ one way.

It's your call, but if it were me I'd be looking instead at airbnb options closer into town.

Gardyloo We are driving from California by car and will have transportation so that won't be an issue, but now I am wondering about air traffic noise, any change in your opinion regarding that issue? Also, I have never done the Airbnb route, not sure how complicated that is.

Airbnb is very easy to use but if you don't want to go that route and you have a car you might want to look at other areas around Seattle like Bellevue, Redmond, or Kirkland (or Bremerton as another poster likes to promote). You are going to have to drive into town anyway and those areas would be much nicer.

Air traffic noise won't be an issue as BFI has a modified curfew that restricts takeoffs and landings in the middle of the night. The Georgetown Inn is also far enough from the runway that you probably wouldn't notice it anyway.

Not knowing your cruise dates it's hard to make precise recommendations, but with a car the airbnb option becomes even more attractive, compared to staying in someplace like the airport area, Bellevue or Lynnwood and then not only having to fight traffic into the city but paying for parking.

But it also depends on what you want to see while you're here. If it's mainly the big downtown attractions like the Pike Place market or the Space Needle/Seattle Center, then paying for parking for one day in some central location and hoofing it between the attractions is fine. However, if you want to explore the region (which has so many good things to see and do that it's silly) then some out-of-town base might be better for you. It depends.